What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Oh well waiting for my two vintage tech razor to reach my place.(Thailand)
Hell yeah the first of my Gillette Tech just arrived.
20190216_145902.jpg
20190216_145913.jpg

Now waiting for the second one.. The second one is in clean and excellent condition.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Picked this up at a local thrift store. I was early for an appointment, so I decided to swing in. I've been through this place many, many times to no avail. It's a small place and can be went through in about 5 minutes. I was on my way out and noticed I skipped an aisle. So, in true fashion, I went down it and found this!
20190213_163503.jpg
20190213_163512.jpg

An all metal Black tip in the case! Maybe used once! Everything is intact, just missing the proper blade holder.

As I was paying with a ten, I looked up and saw the Virgin Mary on the wall. It said "Donation is From the Heart" or something similar below her. I took that as a sign to donate the rest of my bills to the thrift store.

I brought her home, cleaned her up, and even managed to have the right blade dispenser for the set (wrong year blades though, hehe).
20190213_163512.jpg
20190213_185641.jpg
20190213_185708.jpg
20190213_185816.jpg

It was a good day!

Attachments

• 20190213_185510.jpg
    20190213_185510.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 12
Picked this up at a local thrift store. I was early for an appointment, so I decided to swing in. I've been through this place many, many times to no avail. It's a small place and can be went through in about 5 minutes. I was on my way out and noticed I skipped an aisle. So, in true fashion, I went down it and found this!
View attachment 953415 View attachment 953416
An all metal Black tip in the case! Maybe used once! Everything is intact, just missing the proper blade holder.

As I was paying with a ten, I looked up and saw the Virgin Mary on the wall. It said "Donation is From the Heart" or something similar below her. I took that as a sign to donate the rest of my bills to the thrift store.

I brought her home, cleaned her up, and even managed to have the right blade dispenser for the set (wrong year blades though, hehe).
View attachment 953416 View attachment 953424 View attachment 953425 View attachment 953426
It was a good day!

Great score, Adam, she is gorgeous. And well done to pay it forward!

What would be the production year of this razor?

Last edited:

View attachment 953416 View attachment 953424 View attachment 953425 View attachment 953426
It was a good day!

That is a nice piece and one of least common of the Black Tip Super Speeds. These are the more common ones you see for sale. Congratulations.
BlackTip001.jpg

KeenDogg

Great score, Adam, she is gorgeous. And well done to pay it forward!

What would be the production year of this razor?
Thanks, Peter! This would be a 51, I believe. W2. I'm stoked.
That is a nice piece and one of least common of the Black Tip Super Speeds. These are the more common ones you see for sale. Congratulations.
View attachment 953449
Thanks, BBS-1! Yes. I was very excited when I opened it up. Thought it was just a 40s style at first glance, but when I opened it, I could clearly see the metal black tip.

I've had a few of the black tips. Gillette really got creative with their metal on account of the Korean war. This one has an all brass head, but the handle is steel. I'm guessing the knob is aluminum, not totally sure.
Kind regards!

My Daughter and her Boytoy stopped by a Flea Market today.
She Bought this Razor for me.
A H3 super speed in great shape.
She’s a Good Girl.
Before clean up.
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

After cleaning
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

And Her Boytoy‘s a Nice Guy too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KeenDogg

My Daughter and her Boytoy stopped by a Flea Market today.
She Bought this Razor for me.
A H3 super speed in great shape.
She’s a Good Girl.
Before clean up.
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

After cleaning
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

And Her Boytoy‘s a Nice Guy too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice of them! Wish people stopped for me!!! Looks great, Ed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

It was a good day!
Well done, great find and a great donation. It all helps these organizations to help people in need.:a14::a14::a14:

Top Bottom