What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

IMG_20171022_143912795.jpg
Found this guy at the antique mall today.

Yesterday managed to hit a local antique mall. The missus spotted a couple razors. I ran around and saw these. I believe the top one is a NEW, and is nearly identical to a NEW I already have save for the round end which also has patent 1920 date on it. No date code. The other has a butterfly opening with Navy Blue plastic handle 1951 W1 date code. Funny thing is that one was pretty grungy, with a tag marked “$5 - AS-IS”. I think they didn’t know how to open it. Cleaned it up and used it this morning and it was a great shave, very comfortable to hold and light weight. If anyone can further narrow down models of the two it would be most appreciated.

Cheers!

Looks like a NEW Long Comb and a Knack.

Right.

Congrats!

CB7B1E42-6A88-4106-A17D-B46104569171.jpeg
Won these in an online auction at a “local” auction house... only 335 km round trip to pick them up.
Gillette Pre-war Tech (Canadian)
1957 C1 Gillette SS Red Tip (US)
1962 Rocket ? (England)
There was also an old Gem and Autostrop included in the lot but these were what I was after and they are all in very good condition.
Paid $55 Cdn taxes incl. for the lot. I think I came out okay.

View attachment 831726
Won these in an online auction at a “local” auction house... only 335 km round trip to pick them up.
Gillette Pre-war Tech (Canadian)
1957 C1 Gillette SS Red Tip (US)
1962 Rocket ? (England)
There was also an old Gem and Autostrop included in the lot but these were what I was after and they are all in very good condition.
Paid $55 Cdn taxes incl. for the lot. I think I came out okay.
Those are 3 very sweet looking razors! Congrats!

Don't discount the GEM - you'll be pleasantly surprised at the wonderful shave it gives you!

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Got a pretty slick deal on a Hoffritz OC! I actually bought one before and got burnt on it because the cap and baseplate warped and no longer fit. New one appears to be near mint for just over 40 bucks. Can’t wait to try it!

Top Bottom