What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

53619068-02A5-4893-90E1-5B5D48164BAD.jpeg
71F7F546-75BF-407A-8EC3-3AF5D66A29CF.jpeg
39EFB8A2-48C5-4053-B6E6-5A3A7F5C75A8.jpeg
Well the 2nd one in less than a week. This ones a different model with the Sunburst on it and in completely original shape. It feels lighter than the other one I got that was a 2014 replate but this one is still in very nice shape and it came from Canada way up north. Gonna do a side by side shave tomorrow and compare the two. Should be a fun shave.

View attachment 830754 View attachment 830755 View attachment 830756 Well the 2nd one in less than a week. This ones a different model with the Sunburst on it and in completely original shape. It feels lighter than the other one I got that was a 2014 replate but this one is still in very nice shape and it came from Canada way up north. Gonna do a side by side shave tomorrow and compare the two. Should be a fun shave.

You're snatching those up like crazy!!

You're snatching those up like crazy!!
LOL! I really wasn't looking for a 2nd one it just kind of happened and I excited to compare the way the both of them shave as I believe one is an older more efficient model and the newer one is supposed to be milder so we will see. This last one didn't have the Red Ring but after the shave I'm packing them both up and their going to Cap for a paint job and tune up!
Thanks BTW! :thumbsup:

LOL! I really wasn't looking for a 2nd one it just kind of happened and I excited to compare the way the both of them shave as I believe one is an older more efficient model and the newer one is supposed to be milder so we will see. This last one didn't have the Red Ring but after the shave I'm packing them both up and their going to Cap for a paint job and tune up!
Thanks BTW! :thumbsup:

I'd love to hear your thoughts on how they shave and compare. You should definitely post up a thread so we can all live vicariously through you lol.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on how they shave and compare. You should definitely post up a thread so we can all live vicariously through you lol.

LOL...I'll definitely do a shave comparison tomorrow or if I feel my beard is not long enough I'll do it Sunday for sure.
An thank you!

Finally acquired a New Improved sterling silver traveler. Compact, excellent condition, almost 100 years old, yet it shines up like new. New and improved.
new-improved-5.jpg
new-improved-4.jpg
new-improved-3.jpg
new-improved-2.jpg
new-improved-1.jpg
new-improved-0.jpg

The serial number indicates that it was made in 1922.

All New Improved razors are great shavers, but the silver "hot water bottle" sets are one of the greatest examples of art-deco styling of the era...... not just razors, but a piece of fine art!
Congratulations,

Kevin

Yesterday managed to hit a local antique mall. The missus spotted a couple razors. I ran around and saw these. I believe the top one is a NEW, and is nearly identical to a NEW I already have save for the round end which also has patent 1920 date on it. No date code. The other has a butterfly opening with Navy Blue plastic handle 1951 W1 date code. Funny thing is that one was pretty grungy, with a tag marked “$5 - AS-IS”. I think they didn’t know how to open it. Cleaned it up and used it this morning and it was a great shave, very comfortable to hold and light weight. If anyone can further narrow down models of the two it would be most appreciated.

Cheers!

Attachments

• FC6AB8E6-D83A-48AB-AC85-FEAAFA8DA5F7.jpeg
    FC6AB8E6-D83A-48AB-AC85-FEAAFA8DA5F7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Yesterday managed to hit a local antique mall. The missus spotted a couple razors. I ran around and saw these. I believe the top one is a NEW, and is nearly identical to a NEW I already have save for the round end which also has patent 1920 date on it. No date code. The other has a butterfly opening with Navy Blue plastic handle 1951 W1 date code. Funny thing is that one was pretty grungy, with a tag marked “$5 - AS-IS”. I think they didn’t know how to open it. Cleaned it up and used it this morning and it was a great shave, very comfortable to hold and light weight. If anyone can further narrow down models of the two it would be most appreciated.

Cheers!

Looks like a NEW Long Comb and a Knack.

Top Bottom