3F99E622-9F83-470E-A57E-D82F9A441A8C.jpeg
A8B9DA9E-A5F5-4D93-86B4-C35314F16191.jpeg
27AD969D-FA83-4844-9D76-58C66FD84EB0.jpeg
F35B3153-E48C-4583-A681-0420E1D6D9E0.jpeg
B7DCAEAF-AD6C-450B-8F35-9DA5B66626CB.jpeg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I don’t seem to be able to hold back when it comes to Anglosaxon Aristocrat sets - this morning sealed a deal on this one, let’s call it a Christmas present for myself :blush:

1st generation set in great condition inside and out - I seem to recall that this is a case/set combo made for the Australian market but I could be wrong.

View attachment 1045086View attachment 1045087
Beautiful Aristocrat!!!!!

Acquired a Timeless Bronze .38 and instantly fell in love with its beauty. A mild and pleasing shaver ... yes ... but the bronze is simply magnificent. Now I think I’m going to hunt for more bronze!
View attachment 1045460

That’s a Beautiful Razor. I acquired one in a Trade with the .38 plate. Was a little to mild for me. So I Purchased the .78 plate it has Become my Favorite also.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
A lot to like with all the recent acquisitions. Congratulations to all. This is why I enjoy this forum so much and why my upcoming sabbatical seems almost doomed from the start! Temptation is just a click away.

I don't think I could do one of the sabbaticals. It's too much fun finding and getting all the really interesting wet shaving stuff that crosses my path these days. :)

traveled over to antique store in ohio Christmas shopping for others:

picked up a 1920' ball end gillette that might need some repairs to the handle. ball falls out of end. teeth are perfect.

20191221_144135.jpg

then picked up a GEM single blade that I dont know a lot about. wife insisted I get this one because it was cheap.

20191221_142754.jpg

and finally a Christy which is an odd duck. complete with box and instruction pamphlet. dont know if I'll be able to use. strange and peculiar blade on that one. wife insisted on this one too.

20191221_143014.jpg

apologies for including single edgers on this one......but all purchased in one haul.

any advise on gillette restoration appreciated.

camo

traveled over to antique store in ohio Christmas shopping for others:

picked up a 1920' ball end gillette that might need some repairs to the handle. ball falls out of end. teeth are perfect.

View attachment 1045546

then picked up a GEM single blade that I dont know a lot about. wife insisted I get this one because it was cheap.

View attachment 1045547

and finally a Christy which is an odd duck. complete with box and instruction pamphlet. dont know if I'll be able to use. strange and peculiar blade on that one. wife insisted on this one too.

View attachment 1045548

apologies for including single edgers on this one......but all purchased in one haul.

any advise on gillette restoration appreciated.

camo

Some have had luck getting an injector blade to work in the Christy (me not so much).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sounds like some great pieces!
View attachment 1045552
Yes, it is, but I’m retired and this hobby is much cheaper than watches. So SWMBO is content. The expenses for this hobby are minuscule compared to the latter. Now back to my RAD (😇), I have been looking for a LeCoq License Palmer Adjustable with little success! That would complete all the French razors I’m currently interested in.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Yes, it is, but I’m retired and this hobby is much cheaper than watches. So SWMBO is content. The expenses for this hobby are minuscule compared to the latter. Now back to my RAD (😇), I have been looking for a LeCoq License Palmer Adjustable with little success! That would complete all the French razors I’m currently interested in.

Better prices than cars too!!!!! Happy wife, happy life! Hope you find one! Keep looking and you will. I know it.

73096A8D-49F4-4E26-9393-6422773A8C93.jpeg
Better prices than cars too!!!!! Happy wife, happy life! Hope you find one! Keep looking and you will. I know it.
I see you’re from Pa, as am I! I’m from southeast PA, western suburbs of Philadelphia. Where in Pa do you hail from? I’ve been working on the same car for 44 yrs (1975 TR6), so that’s under control!

Top Bottom