What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

It's not a razor, but it's the 4th counter top display case I've found out in the wild. It's in really good shape - just missing a rubber glass bumper (upper left corner) - no cracks in the plastic or glass.
1572298396856.png

Finally got myself one of these off the Bay at a decent price:

BCMT-1.jpg

The original, 74-81 year old case.

BCMT-2.jpg

Inside the case, a 1938-45 Contract Tech. All metal and black coated.

BCMT-3.jpg

Razor was well used, and well taken care of. Coating is fading, but still intact. Comparing the underside and top of the cap you can see the black coating is almost removed from the top. That's alot of shaves. The razor has the triangle openings on the base plate and the print/markings of a pre-war to wartime Tech.

Did pre-War Techs have the black coating or only the wartime techs? Just wondering.

I can not wait to try it out!

Have A Great One!

Finally got myself one of these off the Bay at a decent price:

View attachment 1030258

The original, 74-81 year old case.

View attachment 1030260

Inside the case, a 1938-45 Contract Tech. All metal and black coated.

View attachment 1030261

Razor was well used, and well taken care of. Coating is fading, but still intact. Comparing the underside and top of the cap you can see the black coating is almost removed from the top. That's alot of shaves. The razor has the triangle openings on the base plate and the print/markings of a pre-war to wartime Tech.

Did pre-War Techs have the black coating or only the wartime techs? Just wondering.

I can not wait to try it out!

Have A Great One!
War Contract Tech. Congrats.

Great acquisitions guys!

1930s(?) Rotbart travel set, complete with brush and 80 year old shave stick :w00t:. Razor looks to be in great shape, that black anodized aluminum handle looks unscathed!

04A2ADEE-4F3C-447C-BAFB-58D26155A415.png
F49E670F-5B7A-4DB0-A362-A61618F2ADEB.png

Found this piece the other day for about $20. I would swear this thing was used for only a few months. Really great shape, just dirty (These pics are pre-cleaning).
It appears to be a 1959-64 J-Type, but any info would be appreciated. came with instructions and a pack of Krona blades, appears to have 6 blades in it. Original instructions included. The springs on the lid appear to be oxidising a bit, can anyone advise, is there much I can do to them? Also picked up a Canadian Old Spice Mug Old Spice Collectibles - http://www.oldspicecollectibles.com/Mugs/Canadian%20Mugs.html Number 10, has the X flag.

case1.jpg
case2.jpg
instructions.jpg
razor1.jpg
razor2.jpg
razor3.jpg

Top Bottom