What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

So I just found this thread, these are some beautiful brushes. One question, is there a place where I can view all the handle colors that are available?

Rudy has a website where you can see a lot of his brushes displayed. Otherwise, his stocks varies. Best to send him a PM asking what he has or if he can order something you're looking for.

I just received word from Rudy that my brush is ready to be shipped out Monday!! I can't wait......specs are:

Shavemac D01 in a 22mm knot, 50mm loft, 3 band, bulb shape, Rooney alibaba style handle, black and orange resin (Go Giants!!).

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I'll report back when it arrives and I have had a chance to play around with it.

@josie,

Beautiful. With the Shavemac knot I can only imagine what a great shaves you'll get.

Congrats. And, Rudy, excellent work...again.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I have received now all the Shavemac knots we need for the 2012 LE - actually, a good time before I expected them. When I ordered the knots from Bernd, he said he will get right to them. Now, they all have arrived. In the past I have rarely seen more than two knots with the same specs, now I saw a whole lot of them.
I just pulled 10 knots out of their card board sleeve and was quite amazed how uniform and even these knots are, they look fantastic!!! Wow, this is quality at its finest. I have seen on some website brushes that show quite a variety in their knots, same brush model, but totally different looking knots - these here all look like identical twins. Great Job, Bernd!!

Attachments

• $IMG_3416.jpg
    $IMG_3416.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,494
  • $IMG_3418.jpg
    $IMG_3418.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,505
  • $IMG_3419.jpg
    $IMG_3419.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,505
  • $IMG_3420.jpg
    $IMG_3420.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,497
Rudy and Bernd,

Nice Going on those Shavemac Knots. The anticipation of completion on these Fine RV Shavemac brushes is overwhelming.

Thanks for the update.

Rudy Vey

A reminder for the guys who are sending me brushes for restoration and re-knotting:
Please, include a copy of our e-mail or pm exchange, as well as your real name and address in the box
you send me. Thanks!!

I just finished my second shave with my RV with 3 band Shavemac D01 knot, and it is less scritchy than the first shave. It seems like it will continue to soften up a bit with a few more uses. One thing I have noticed is that it produces an amazing amount of lather. I have been using my SR 3722 for a few months now, and while I always thought that the SR produced a lot of lather (and it really does), the D01 knot produces almost twice as much! Where the SR 3722 is pillowy soft with nice backbone and great lather ability, the D01 is nice and scrubby with exceptional latherability and excellent flowthrough. I am glad I got the RV since the two brushes I now own have a completely different feel ( ahem..although I will be adding a new member already to the stable in a week when my Simpson Colonel X2L Butterscotch in Manchurian arrives....I just hope it is different than the two I already have).

Rudy Vey

I just finished my second shave with my RV with 3 band Shavemac D01 knot, and it is less scritchy than the first shave. It seems like it will continue to soften up a bit with a few more uses. One thing I have noticed is that it produces an amazing amount of lather. I have been using my SR 3722 for a few months now, and while I always thought that the SR produced a lot of lather (and it really does), the D01 knot produces almost twice as much! Where the SR 3722 is pillowy soft with nice backbone and great lather ability, the D01 is nice and scrubby with exceptional latherability and excellent flowthrough. I am glad I got the RV since the two brushes I now own have a completely different feel ( ahem..although I will be adding a new member already to the stable in a week when my Simpson Colonel X2L Butterscotch in Manchurian arrives....I just hope it is different than the two I already have).

Please, let us know how the D01 Three-band compares to the Manchurian hair. I have not had a chance to check one out, so I am interested what you are saying. Manchuria is a huge area in northeastern China, and my guess would be a lot of badger hair comes from this area without being marked Manchurian Badger.

Here are a few pictures of my RV D01 3 band post bloom. Loving it!....still a tad scritchy, but hopefully it softens up a bit.

proxy.php

proxy.php

A picture of the entire family (minus the Manchurian Butterscotch Colonel X2L due in from overseas soon).
proxy.php

Sorry for not replying. It's been kinda hectic around here. The pictures do not do this brush justice. I'm debating sending Mr. Vey a new Semogue 620 to have him put the knot in another handle just like this. It's just beautiful.

Rudy Vey

Sorry for not replying. It's been kinda hectic around here. The pictures do not do this brush justice. I'm debating sending Mr. Vey a new Semogue 620 to have him put the knot in another handle just like this. It's just beautiful.

Antler is one of my all time favorite materials for brush handles! One of the finest natural materials that does not need any attention, like horn or other naturals. Good quality Sambar stag is unfortunately harder to find lately.

Top Bottom