What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

I've got these two beauties on the way. My RV Butterbee got a new knot and I had Rudy also make me the Semogue that never was- the "1300". He made me a handle in resin using the 1305 colors and shape, but put my preferred knot from an 1800 in it. Can't wait, it looks fantastic and great thanks to Rudy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got these two beauties on the way. My RV Butterbee got a new knot and I had Rudy also make me the Semogue that never was- the "1300". He made me a handle in resin using the 1305 colors and shape, but put my preferred knot from an 1800 in it. Can't wait, it looks fantastic and great thanks to Rudy!

that 1300 looks gorgeous ... such a brilliant idea!

I may ask Rudy to clone one for me ...
maybe he can put in the obligatory paint chips so that it will match my true 1305.

Here's what Rudy whipped up for me. It's a 50mm Dark Knight with a TGN 2-Band Finest XH set at 22/46mm. I can't wait to get it. :thumbup:

full

Rudy placed a Shavemac D01 2-Band knot in this vintage Klenzo handle for me, looking forward to face lathering with this beauty. 19mm x 40mm.

$Klenzo Shavemac D01.jpg

Last edited:
How does one acquire an RV brush? Considering a shavemac or MF or Simpson, but I have read alot about his brushes lately.

Sorry for noob q's.

I got a glassjar handle from Mr. Vey a while ago and it's amazing, but I'm not in love with the TGN knot that's in it. I'll soon be sending the brush to him, along with a broken in Semogue 620 to have the boar knot transplanted into this handle.

This is an a great idea, and flawless execution! Is the ring from the sacrificial 1800?

This is an a great idea, and flawless execution! Is the ring from the sacrificial 1800?

Yep, I sent him the 1800 to split the handle and use the cup/knot combo to drop in the resin handle. I also sent a unused 1305 for him to color match the resin and use for contour matching.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I have received a few new handle blanks and I want to share them with you. There is the "Zebra", "Tiger" and "Leopard" in animal looks. Then I received a few blanks in the Jade with the brown stripe (thanks to our own Rod Neep). I have not made a handle from them, but they look really great and will make nice handles.
There will also a few new double-dyed resin stabilized blanks coming in the next few week (similar to those shown a few post up with the two brushes, one with the slanted knot).

Attachments

• $IMG_3457.jpg
    $IMG_3457.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,081
  • $IMG_3458.jpg
    $IMG_3458.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,080
  • $IMG_3461.jpg
    $IMG_3461.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,077

Rudy Vey

This picture just came in from my stabilizing service. The blue/orange is spoken for already. These are great double dyed and resin stabilized Boxelderburl blocks (not cheap, but excellent quality).

Attachments

• $Rudy 2 (2).jpg
    $Rudy 2 (2).jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,022

Rudy Vey

I had my website just a bit updated, let me know what you think. In the early summer, after I am done with the LE brushes, there will be much more new stuff on the site. Right now, we have added the logo and cleaned up some of the misspellings.

I had my website just a bit updated, let me know what you think. In the early summer, after I am done with the LE brushes, there will be much more new stuff on the site. Right now, we have added the logo and cleaned up some of the misspellings.
Looks good ! & easy to navigate, I hate sites that you have to drop this, click that, open here, scroll there... just to look at one item

Top Bottom