What's new

Rex Supply Ambassador...

This razor should have the best QC of any razor sold today!! I have almost pulled the trigger on this razor 3 times now because I actually think its an outstanding looking razor, but every time you turn around there is another post of something wrong with theirs... Such a shame... I now cringe every time I read that someone bought one that had problems and think to myself that could've been me!!

Pretty much agree. Especially when there were various reviews on shaving forums as well as at least two YouTube reviews where the Rex inadvertently dialed up aggressiveness while the user was shaving with it because of a less tight adjustment knob/ring/whatever.

One or two off in QC is one thing but multiple on first iteration spells issue. Hopefully it’s all resolved with the “new/recent” versions like above.

(But I still have my doubts if so many issues were overlooked during the first production run given the cost of the razor.)

Just my opinion. Glad some really like it though. They deserve to enjoy it given the price.

I was just about to pull the trigger hoping all is fixed but that iamcdb youtube gent says it skips. They released it too soon. Not a good look at all.

Interesting. I use the ATT R1 as my daily razor as well and find it pretty aggressive (def a great razor for me). I was under the impression the Rex was a more mild shaver overall.[/QUO
I bought an ATT, R-1, after I wrongly assumed the M-1, a little too mild. The R-1 is brutal! If the Rex set on 2 is similar then I can save $250. I could never shave with it. I do think it's a beaut tho.
Ron

Why don't use the original? You can buy a used Gibbs adjustable of the fraction of the price of the Rex.
It is my most loved razor in a wast collection of vintage and modern razors.

A Gibbs just sold for for $250 on the bay so not sure where you can find one at a fraction of the cost.
Yep Mark
Prices going up on those great shaving Gibbs Adjustables.. people starting to figure that out about 30yrs late! Lol
Smooth and efficient.
:a17:

Gibbs n17 mint for 40 Euros??? That is a great deal.
Good deals are out there but, for some of the rarer razors, not plentiful.
Keep looking!

I've bought two nice #17s in the last year or so, one for $30 and a cased one for $52. I guess the cat's out of the bag.
Yep I just sold one of mine for $232.50 and only paid about 45 euros for it a couple of yrs ago. Still my personal favorite adjustable as far as shave quality goes.
So yeah words out. They are getting harder to find which is driving the demand and the prices up.

I have been watching the Rex Ambassador for a while. I can't get over the $250 price tag, and then reading about QA issues on here that seams to still be an issue is discouraging for sure.

I have been watching the Rex Ambassador for a while. I can't get over the $250 price tag, and then reading about QA issues on here that seams to still be an issue is discouraging for sure.
Word has it that the next generation is coming out soon but none have been shipped yet as explained to a friend of mine who has one coming by the owner of RE. The new one is a replacement for one my friend has that has issues. So let’s hope all the old issues have been taken care of this time.

I am interested in the Rex Ambassador too. Talked with Matt and I am hopeful that the QC issues have been addressed.

Top Bottom