What's new

Rex Supply Ambassador...

I really like my Rex Ambassador, glad I got one. I also owned a Paradigm 17-4 that I really couldn’t get a close shave. The Rex works better for me, I find it more efficient and forgiving with a lot better grip. I’m not saying it’s the best razor ever but I did sell all the razors that I wasn’t using and that didn’t work for me. The only razors that I will probably get now are the ones that are open comb(never used one) and titanium. I guess a Ti Timeless .95 OC is in order.

I too have both and I find the REX to be excellent although for me the highest setting is not as efficient as the 17-4, not quite as smooth also but not that far away. I do also find that I gravitate towards the REX most times and I get a really smooth, efficient, satisfying, no drama shave. The 17-4 I would use on a multiple days growth which will take care like it's nobody's business. The REX on these rare occasions will also be efficient, but I would wish it had a 7th setting, although I cannot really complain. The department that the REX ecxells above all others, is the head which is slim and so esy around the nose area.

I've been using my Rex Ambassador for a month straight and love it. I found 3.5 to be my sweet spot and plenty aggressive enough (I was a iKon Tech/R41 user). I haven't experienced any drag and find the shaves to be smooth and efficient.

I've been using my Rex Ambassador for a month straight and love it. I found 3.5 to be my sweet spot and plenty aggressive enough (I was a iKon Tech/R41 user). I haven't experienced any drag and find the shaves to be smooth and efficient.
I have been using the Rex Ambassador as well and there is no denying that it is a spectacular razor. I experienced the drag people talked about but I don’t blame it on the razor. I light touch and everything is good again when I feel drag it just means that I’m using too much pressure. I since you are used to aggressive razors, you have the light touch perfect and never experienced the drag.

I used setting 2 on my Rex and with a bit of buffing I got a BBS shave with a Polsilver, and no irritation. The 3.5 setting is perfect for my 3 pass shaves as well.

I to am rotating the rex and 17 4. These razors are at the top of the pile along with my .67duel comb.
.. will be comparing with the dart this week! It's a good time to be a wet shaver :)

The REX and the 17-4 are my top two razors. The Gibbs no.17 might be a little smoother thn the REX, but it's nowhere near when it comes to balance and loading convenience.

I know this might be a bit like a apples-oranges comparison, but how would you rank your Sabre L2 compared to those three razors?

Top Bottom