1. @ShavePastor (in hand testing)
2. @Dave in KY (on deck)
3. @Graydog (in the hole)
4. @NJDJ
5. @JTshaves
6. @ED3054
7. @Sharp_Obsession
8. @Keto

These are the first 8 gents to sign on. A pm or a post here will get you on gents...

Here is the formation of the second group. Like I stated in a few posts before this one, the tour will be broken into 8 week sections so that I can reel in the Rex and go over it if it needs a deep cleaning/tuning etc.

Group Two:
1. @Rory1262
2. @Grundi
3. @dezmil
4. @Clay S
5. @simon_zzz
6. @Feynmansbongos
7. @emwolf
8. @Heron

2 groups are complete so that puts the tour at about a 20-22 week run plus/minus a week for the haul in.

I already have a reserve list started and if any participants in the first 2 groups need to switch out or drop out of the tour, everyone moves up including those in the reserve list.

Reserve List:

1. @PJO
2. @Odenihy
3. @dfoulk
4. @Clark Finestead
5. @bobmsp
6. @DCRIII
7. @TheVez2

Get your shave on Gents..... :shaving:

Another shave in the books! This time I set it to 2.75 and again had a tremendous shave. There wasn't a whole lot of stubble to remove in the first place since the previous shave was so good, but I went ahead and took off what sandpaper feeling stubble was there anyhow. I can definitely see the 2--4 settings being my preferred range with this one. I like ultra smooth and ultra comfortable. This razor is definitely so far a good combination of that plus it has any efficiency level one might need.

Again, no irritation, no weepers, etc.... This razor is such a joy to use. There's not much I can add to what I stated earlier in my initial review, other than "Where is the 15% discount code from Razor Emporium I've been waiting on?" I keep checking my emails and..............nothing. There's a saying that says the best things in life are worth waiting for! Looks like I'll be able to get in at least two more shaves before mailing this out to @Dave in KY on Monday.

Another shave in the books! This time I set it to 2.75 and again had a tremendous shave. There wasn't a whole lot of stubble to remove in the first place since the previous shave was so good, but I went ahead and took off what sandpaper feeling stubble was there anyhow. I can definitely see the 2--4 settings being my preferred range with this one. I like ultra smooth and ultra comfortable. This razor is definitely so far a good combination of that plus it has any efficiency level one might need.

Again, no irritation, no weepers, etc.... This razor is such a joy to use. There's not much I can add to what I stated earlier in my initial review, other than "Where is the 15% discount code from Razor Emporium I've been waiting on?" I keep checking my emails and..............nothing. There's a saying that says the best things in life are worth waiting for! Looks like I'll be able to get in at least two more shaves before mailing this out to @Dave in KY on Monday.

I’m DROOLING HERE and I’m so Far Down the LIST. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m DROOLING HERE and I’m so Far Down the LIST. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That just gives you more time to go ahead and get your funds together while waiting, so that after your turn is over, you can immediately put an order in! :thumbup:

I read a response from RE in regards to people requesting more group buys. The owner stated he couldn’t do more group buys so that he is not underselling his vendors, but commented that they would most likely do their annual 20% off for Black Friday. I know you have to wait. I guess that’s the curse of being first on the pass around. Ha ha. But November really isn’t that far away and will be here before you know it. I’m glad I’m 7th.

I read a response from RE in regards to people requesting more group buys. The owner stated he couldn’t do more group buys so that he is not underselling his vendors, but commented that they would most likely do their annual 20% off for Black Friday. I know you have to wait. I guess that’s the curse of being first on the pass around. Ha ha. But November really isn’t that far away and will be here before you know it. I’m glad I’m 7th.

Hmm.... 20% off would bring it to $200. And also the date could would be N4 since it would be the 4th quarter. Maybe that would be the polished version! I'd say it's worth the wait!

Hmm.... 20% off would bring it to $200. And also the date could would be N4 since it would be the 4th quarter. Maybe that would be the polished version! I'd say it's worth the wait!
Yeah that would be a good point on the possible polish version if that's available by then. Polish version introductory offer wouldn't be bad, haha .

Yeah that would be a good point on the possible polish version if that's available by then. Polish version introductory offer wouldn't be bad, haha .

Yeah but, according to Matt at RE he was asked about a polished version during the group buy and he stated that the polished Rex would sell for a bit more. He didn't say a number but, I would think anywhere between $20 - $30 would probably be in the ballpark and ideal. So add that to the price of a possible polished Rex.

I asked him in an email conversation about those that already have the Rex would the polishing service be available to them. He said eventually yes but, he still had to work some things out to offer that as a service. So, it's coming and will be offered just no timetable yet.......

Got mine at the Big East shave get together. Once Matt put the Rex in my hands, the workmanship, design and quality had me hooked. As a former engineer I really appreciated the manufacturing craftsmanship. I tried to justify not buying it but it's like buying a luxury car. The shave is smooth and the balance really makes using it a fantastic experience. No issues with the shave or mechanics. Reminds me when I picked up a Colt Python pistol, just felt great in my hand and I marveled at the beauty, balance and quality. You only go around once!

Yeah but, according to Matt at RE he was asked about a polished version during the group buy and he stated that the polished Rex would sell for a bit more. He didn't say a number but, I would think anywhere between $20 - $30 would probably be in the ballpark and ideal. So add that to the price of a possible polished Rex.

I asked him in an email conversation about those that already have the Rex would the polishing service be available to them. He said eventually yes but, he still had to work some things out to offer that as a service. So, it's coming and will be offered just no timetable yet.......
Here's a $20 question for you. If you had one that was not taking a tour like your is, would you polish it if the price was reasonable? Inquiring minds want to know.

UPDATE- 8/21/18
Rex Ambassador US Tour List:

Group One:

1. @ShavePastor (in hand testing)
2. @Dave in KY (on deck)
3. @Graydog (in the hole)
4. @NJDJ
5. @JTshaves
6. @ED3054
7. @Sharp_Obsession
8. @Keto

These are the first 8 gents to sign on. A pm or a post here will get you on gents...

Here is the formation of the second group. Like I stated in a few posts before this one, the tour will be broken into 8 week sections so that I can reel in the Rex and go over it if it needs a deep cleaning/tuning etc.

Group Two:
1. @Rory1262
2. @Grundi
3. @dezmil
4. @Clay S
5. @simon_zzz
6. @Feynmansbongos
7. @emwolf
8. @Heron

2 groups are complete so that puts the tour at about a 20-22 week run plus/minus a week for the haul in.

I already have a reserve list started and if any participants in the first 2 groups need to switch out or drop out of the tour, everyone moves up including those in the reserve list.

Reserve List:

1. @PJO
2. @Odenihy
3. @dfoulk
4. @Clark Finestead
5. @bobmsp
6. @DCRIII
7. @TheVez2
8. @dmshaver
9. @Mataddor

Get your shave on Gents..... :shaving:

Here's a $20 question for you. If you had one that was not taking a tour like your is, would you polish it if the price was reasonable? Inquiring minds want to know.

No. If I'd wanted it polished, I'd just do it myself. Good buffing compound and a buffing wheel or dremel would work.

On another note, Razor Emporium just released their discount coupon code for %15 on their products. Just received their newsletter earlier this morning.....

Ok fellas, I've had two more shaves in with the Rex.

This razor can go from very mild to very efficient through the range of settings. The 4 is probably about the max for me. Higher than that & the comfort level I value so much begins to decrease. My sweet spot is from 2--4. I love it & finally have it on order! Thanks again @GlazedBoker for allowing me the privilege to kick off this Rex tour. Razor has been cleaned with Dawn Ultra dish soap & disinfected by a one minute dip in isopropyl alcohol. Ready for transit to @Dave in KY tomorrow! I'll be looking forward to other people's thoughts on the Rex.
2018-08-26 08.29.59.jpg

This razor can go from very mild to very efficient through the range of settings. The 4 is probably about the max for me. Higher than that & the comfort level I value so much begins to decrease. My sweet spot is from 2--4. I love it & finally have it on order! Thanks again @GlazedBoker for allowing me the privilege to kick off this Rex tour. Razor has been cleaned with Dawn Ultra dish soap & disinfected by a one minute dip in isopropyl alcohol. Ready for transit to @Dave in KY tomorrow! I'll be looking forward to other people's thoughts on the Rex.
View attachment 907711

Right about my sweet spot too, nice brush! Glad you liked the Rex!

View attachment 907711

Great beginning to the tour and congrats on the new Rex you acquired!

Happy shaves.... :thumbsup:

UPDATE- 8/26/18
Rex Ambassador US Tour List:

Group One:

1. @ShavePastor (completed-shipping)
2. @Dave in KY (en route to)
3. @Graydog (on deck)
4. @NJDJ (in the hole)
5. @JTshaves
6. @ED3054
7. @Sharp_Obsession
8. @Keto

Group Two:
1. @Rory1262
2. @Grundi
3. @dezmil
4. @Clay S
5. @simon_zzz
6. @Feynmansbongos
7. @emwolf
8. @Heron

Reserve List:

1. @PJO
2. @Odenihy
3. @dfoulk
4. @Clark Finestead
5. @bobmsp
6. @DCRIII
7. @TheVez2
8. @dmshaver
9. @Mataddor

Get your shave on Gents.....:shaving:

Top Bottom