What's new

Razorock Switch and Lupo are live

I no longer have my GC .68 as I preferred the .84, so I cant do a side by side, but the blade feel on the Lupo is less than my .84, and my shave results with the Lupo are better than the .68.

Can anyone tell me how the Lupo compares to the Gamechanger 0.68 in terms of aggressiveness? Is the Lupo more prone to nick than the 0.68 or are they more or less the same?
I found the Lupo easier to find the blade angle personally. Both good mild shavers , but the Lupo has a slight slight edge on efficiency. Lupo also had a good edge on maneuverability. You really can’t go wrong with either or though.

I found the Lupo easier to find the blade angle personally. Both good mild shavers , but the Lupo has a slight slight edge on efficiency. Lupo also had a good edge on maneuverability. You really can’t go wrong with either or though.

I'm a headshaver. That's why I prefer mild razors. For instance I know the RR Baby Smooth is labeled as a mild shaver, but it's too aggressive for my taste (read 'my head'). The same for the GC84. What works with me are razors like merkur 23C, Ikon 102 & X3, GC68, Mamba 70 (Although I think the original mamba would be a better fit for me). So if the Lupa is for instance comparable with the Baby Smooth or the GC84 in terms of aggressiveness, I will pass on this one.

I'm a headshaver. That's why I prefer mild razors. For instance I know the RR Baby Smooth is labeled as a mild shaver, but it's too aggressive for my taste (read 'my head'). The same for the GC84. What works with me are razors like merkur 23C, Ikon 102 & X3, GC68, Mamba 70 (Although I think the original mamba would be a better fit for me). So if the Lupa is for instance comparable with the Baby Smooth or the GC84 in terms of aggressiveness, I will pass on this one.

The Lupo is much milder than the baby smooth and the gc 84.

If I still shaved my head, I would definitely reach for the Lupo.

Exactly my thoughts lol

It's close to the efficiency of the original GC .64 I imagine? But if I remember my previous experience correctly, the Baby smooth is already less efficient than the GC .64

I don't know why I always get sucked in for the first RR iterations. It's almost always too mild for my taste. I should wait next time.. :c7:

It's close to the efficiency of the original GC .64 I imagine? But if I remember my previous experience correctly, the Baby smooth is already less efficient than the GC .64

I don't know why I always get sucked in for the first RR iterations. It's almost always too mild for my taste. I should wait next time.. :c7:
I’d say yes but Lupo getting the nod in efficiency. I think you’ll be surprised at the efficiency of this razor given how mild it is.

In my opinion the efficiency goes like this(least to most efficient), GC .68, Mamba, Mamba 70 and Ti Baby Smooth were too close for me to tell, then GC .84.

That’s just how these razor work on my face.

Mild and efficient sounds good to me. My Lupo should arrive tomorrow, looking forward to giving it a test drive.

036FF440-43DE-45AB-B852-13A6838C9A12.jpeg
First shave with the Lupo... two thumbs way up!
As a first outing, I started off slow and deliberate, without any added pressure. I was about three strokes in when I thought, “Okay, nothing to fear here, let’s go for it!”. I found the razor to be efficient but very smooth and required very little clean up after my second pass. The Lupo gave me an excellent shave with ease.
I could see this being an easy daily driver for most people. I would put this in between the GC .68 and .84 in terms of aggressiveness, but closer to the .68. The light weight only adds to the easy of use, as you won’t be punished for excess pressure in the way a similarly aggressive razor of more weight might. I thoroughly enjoyed my first shave with the Lupo and I’m looking forward to many more!

When I received my "Lupo" I shook the box as I thought there was nothing inside. The razor and handle are almost weightless. Looks good though. The Machining is very tight. I haven't shaved with it yet.

Received my lupo and silver today. Something doesn't seem right. On the website, the picture clearly shows two scalloped edges. Mine has one scalloped, one cut flat and short, right to the blades end. I'm a little scared to try this thing... That can't be safe. Keep in mind, I tend toward very mild razors.

Is everyone else's like this? I don't think it's supposed to be.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Received my lupo and silver today. Something doesn't seem right. On the website, the picture clearly shows two scalloped edges. Mine has one scalloped, one cut flat and short, right to the blades end. I'm a little scared to try this thing... That can't be safe. Keep in mind, I tend toward very mild razors.

Is everyone else's like this? I don't think it's supposed to be.
proxy.php
proxy.php
Mine is scalloped on both sides. I would email ItalianBarber they are very good at responding back

Weird!!! I kind of like that
Very weird... I hope they don't give me a hard time in replacing it. I am already a little upset I will not be able to try the razor for God knows how long. [emoji3525]

Guess I'll need to live vicariously through others for another week or so. Ugh.

Top Bottom