What's new

Razorock Switch and Lupo are live

78BBD923-D06E-4CB8-8A89-F640374E8292.jpeg
01E5129F-CC86-4424-8DDF-AD07245F50A2.jpeg
A couple more nice handles for the Lupo. I prefer short and grippy. Maggard MR11 and ATT Atlas work for me.

I am waiting to see if he offers first, as I did respond asking about wait times and eluded to being antsy to try the razor.

If he doesn't come back on his own with the suggestion, I'll definitely come back with a flat out request. At least then my wait for the product won't be an actual wait to try it.

Definitely a good idea Graydog. [emoji846]
I heard back and he said he didn't need the head back, that I'm welcome to keep it. Thus tonight I will be able to shave with the Lupo, after all. I just need to make sure I don't spin it around and shave with the wrong side. Lol. [emoji16]

I heard back and he said he didn't need the head back, that I'm welcome to keep it. Thus tonight I will be able to shave with the Lupo, after all. I just need to make sure I don't spin it around and shave with the wrong side. Lol. [emoji16]
Be brave, just do a few strokes and tell us how aggressive it is

It's hard to tell from the piic, but it looks like the bar is still there and only the scallops are missing. I'd try both sides, if that's the case. The shave may not even be much different.
Regardless, it's good that you can use your one-of-a-kind until a replacement arrives.

It's hard to tell from the piic, but it looks like the bar is still there and only the scallops are missing. I'd try both sides, if that's the case. The shave may not even be much different.
Regardless, it's good that you can use your one-of-a-kind until a replacement arrives.
There is a bit of a bar still... A tiny bit.

So I took the razor for a test this evening...

I used a Gillette 7 o'clock Black, first shave. For soap, I chose PAA dapper doc. A maggards 24mm synth and my big blue timeless bowl were used.

Hot water pre-soak... Mixed the soap up and lathered it on. Let it soak in for 10 minutes, then reapplied an extra wet lather.

Started my first pass with one cheek scallopped and one with the modified plate. The scalloped side shaved very close. I could feel the blade cutting and it was quite satisfying. The modified side was quite a bit more feel, harsher, but when I rinsed after pass one, no better in the results Dept. Thus, the rest of the shave was only with the scalloped end.

The post pass 1 feel certainly was closer than with my Rockwell on 2 or 3. This definitely is a step up in agression and efficiency from my daily driver.

Pass 2 (XTG) and 3 (ATG) were equally good. It picked up efficiency in the XTG pass. At the end, it was closer to a finished shave than I am used to and that pass was almost as smooth as the Rockwell.

On the ATG pass I could definitely feel the sensitivity on one part of my neck, my usual sensitive spots. It wasn't harsh enough to hinder the shave, and I ended a three pass shave with a good DFS.

As this was my first outing with the razor I stuck to 3 a done, no playing around. I am sure if I did a fourth pass (cleanup ATG), I could see my way to a BBS that should rival anything my Rockwell gives.

I hesitate to go any further. I want to do more shaves, first. In fact I may have presumed too much already. Still, if you ordered this razor, I think you'll be happy with the shaves regardless of what type of razor you are used to. [emoji846]

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I had a similar experience with lupo as @DougK ,
Except no cut! Very light but wasn't a problem. Much more blade feel and feedback but its on the mild side. I had to shave with a fogged up mirror today so i may have been slower and more careful. Lupo in stainless would be cool

One annoyance.. the end tabs are rounded so you can't lay the razor on its side

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Forgot to add. Easy to get the angle dare i say bbs shave but pretty smooth
at the end all i could think wss wow $30 if this was my only razor oh the money i would have saved

My second shave with the Lupo was much smoother than my first. I think I had to get used to the angle which is a little different than my Tech, but starting to get a good feel for it now. I like the rounded end caps because I tend to nick my ears with the blade tabs.

I couldn't resist and picked up a Lupo in black. It arrived earlier in the week. I couldnt recall having an aluminum razor before, but then remembered I had an aluminum Colonial General a couple years ago which I eventually traded for a stainless. Which was silly because the aluminum general was excellent.

I got a few shaves in with a Feather blade in the Lupo. Dang good razor. Mild...yes....but very efficient. I like this razor a lot. The machining is excellent and as others mentioned, at this price point vs the quality of shave it provides...well its pretty much a no brainer to me.

Fans of hyper aggressive razors need not apply. If you want a lot of blade feel you wont find it here. For me, this razor hits the sweet spot. I like razors with little blade feel, but very efficient.

The light weight aluminum is a plus to me. The Lupo is almost effortless to shave with, and very maneuverable. DFS shaves are fast and easy.

The only con for me, as others have mentioned, the rounded ends wont allow the razor to stand on its side. Not a big deal.

I like this razor, its worth every penny.

I couldn't resist and picked up a Lupo in black. It arrived earlier in the week. I couldnt recall having an aluminum razor before, but then remembered I had an aluminum Colonial General a couple years ago which I eventually traded for a stainless. Which was silly because the aluminum general was excellent.

I got a few shaves in with a Feather blade in the Lupo. Dang good razor. Mild...yes....but very efficient. I like this razor a lot. The machining is excellent and as others mentioned, at this price point vs the quality of shave it provides...well its pretty much a no brainer to me.

Fans of hyper aggressive razors need not apply. If you want a lot of blade feel you wont find it here. For me, this razor hits the sweet spot. I like razors with little blade feel, but very efficient.

The light weight aluminum is a plus to me. The Lupo is almost effortless to shave with, and very maneuverable. DFS shaves are fast and easy.

The only con for me, as others have mentioned, the rounded ends wont allow the razor to stand on its side. Not a big deal.

I like this razor, its worth every penny.
Great review. I agree on the maneuverability... This is so light, it provides some nimbleness. If you have to hold it at an odd angle to get the cut just right, one thing you won't be fighting with is gravity. That is a big plus.

Well my first shave with the Lupo on only 15 hrs growth after a very solid BBS I got yesterday doing a Shave Off so just some light beard growth to take off. I wanted to see how the Lupo would serve as a daily shaver.
I just finished the shave a few minutes ago and it didn’t go as I thought it would. Loaded a Personna Red in it.. My 1st mistake. Not sharp enough! I started with a shallow angle and changed that real quick as the razors was way to mild and the first pass on my right side cheeks felt like very little was taken off of my already very light growth. I should have changed blades right then and there but I wanted to see the Shave through. By using a much steeper angle things got a little better but it took to many strokes on the 2 passes I did to get me to a DFS so I’ve got to revisit this meant to be daily razor again on one days growth with a Feather in it and see how that goes. Also I’m just not sure if I’m going to warm up to the very light weight of this razor. I’ve never liked Aluminum razors up till now but I went into this Shave with an open mind but the first shave for me was a fail but I’ll give it another try and again keep an open mind.
The razor is too light with stock handle, use different handle to gain some weight and the shave will be more efficient

So I tried the Switch last night in usual position but with titanium handle which is, while heavier then stock, not as heavy as Maggard MRG handle. I got good more efficient shave but you need to keep maintaining proper angle to keep aggressiveness in check and avoid cuts and irritation. If you have sensitive skin and do ATG pass it will give you some razorburn and irritation, not doing the ATG pass should avoid it. So I don't think it will work for me as good as Lupo so is available for sale.
I also tried for a first time ever to shave my forehead using Lupo with the stock handle and can confirm that it is great for a head shaving

I ordered a Lupo. Seems like it will make a good inexpensive travel razor. Any recommendations on an inexpensive SS handle I could pair it with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a recommendation (never used them), but WCS has their handles on sale for $11.89. also if you have time and luck, you may be able to get an iKon blemished handle for $10. They sell them on eBay occasionally.

Top Bottom