What's new

Razorock Switch and Lupo are live

@cgr86 Very true. I have no issues with using an aluminum razor (the Hawk is fantastic if you like the AC blades) and Razorock/IB has a history of delivering well-made products.

Damnit. I've been working hard to tone down my collection. Being realistic about what soaps I'll use, removing the razors I just don't reach for... BUT... The draw is too strong.

Had to pull the trigger and order a Lupo. I like mild razors and from all the initial reviews, this seems both mild and efficient. Also, it's almost like trying a Wolfman... And this is as close as my wallet will ever allow, lol.

Since I sunk the $7 in shipping, decided to make it worth it and grab a soap too. See a lot of rave reviews on both the p160 and mudder focker. Decided to buy the p160 this time. Fingers crossed.

I can’t recall if I’ve ever had an aluminum razor in the past. For those of you that don’t like aluminum I’m curious why? Is it primarily an issue of weight...aluminum being too light?

From a quality standpoint I think I would prefer a quality machined aluminum razor to zamak.

I’m not disagreeing with anyone’s viewpoint as I don’t have an aluminum razor, just curious what it is about aluminum that might make it problematic for a de razor?

Thanks.

Count me in as a person who loves machines aluminum razors. The light weight allows me to determine pressure vs a boat anchor falling into my face.

Plus, the rr aluminum razors are machined incredibly precisely.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
For me it is riding the cap and then going steeper till I hear the razor working, i would say its about 45-50 degree angle, handle to my face, when I am going ATG.
Thanks
in excited to get this. Not sure what shipping status looks like.
so many great reviews!
RR quality and price is pretty crazy

My buddy shaved with his and put it right with the WR1 .61 but not as efficient as the GC .84. Got a 3 pass BBS but was a solid DFS after 2 passes so it sounds like it might be a good daily shaver. Can’t wait to take it for a spin. Shipping is delayed though from what I’ve read.

First shave with Lupo:
proxy.php

Very interesting. Great shave today.

Obviously, it's very light. It almost feels like I'm wielding a disposable, especially because the size is pretty petite as well. This is neither a plus or minus. It's nimble and quick.

I don't really like to get into the aggressive/efficient/mild/inefficient game of semantics, but here goes:

The blade gap feels medium/large, but the blade exposure feels nearly exactly neutral. So, it didn't feel like "nothing was happening". It felt like I was shaving hard, but there was no chance of being bitten. 1.5 passes yielded a DFS.

I actually prefer (big gap/less exposure = Lupo) to (tiny gap/huge exposure = baby soft)

The handle looks meh, but it works perfectly with this razor.

Overall, this is a KILLER razor for $30. It may not suit everyone's shaving style though. I had to apply pressure to get a great shave. BUT....it still gave me a GREAT shave with zero irritation.

BTW, I haven't shaved with my Switch yet, but, the blade gap and safety bar look identical to the Lupo. It may be redundant, IMO.

That makes three!

I think they are catching up on orders. Mine was placed Friday or Saturday evening. Doubt they work Sunday, so this was quick.
Yeah based on when I put the order in which was night before last I was expecting it to take at least a few days before it would get shipped. So your right they must be caught up with the orders and that was quick. Works for me!

Has everyone read the description of the Lupo on the Italian barber website? There it states the razor is a copy of the famous wolf man razor with 2 noted improvements. A 30 buck razor making improvements on a razor that costs hundreds??? It struck me as funny!

BUT if anyone can pull that off it's Razorock. They are wizards to my way of thinking in the way they create truly great products for the least $$. Their all stainless razors compete with the best of the best for hundreds less.

I just thinned my razor collection but I want a Lupo at some point.

Can anyone tell me how the Lupo compares to the Gamechanger 0.68 in terms of aggressiveness? Is the Lupo more prone to nick than the 0.68 or are they more or less the same?

Can anyone tell me how the Lupo compares to the Gamechanger 0.68 in terms of aggressiveness? Is the Lupo more prone to nick than the 0.68 or are they more or less the same?
I'd love to get a gauge measure of the blade gap. From what I am seeing so far, it seems to be in the low .6 range with about neutral exposure. If so, I'd imagine it would be a bit less agressive than the .68 gamechanger, which I think has been described as a hair north of neutral in exposure?

Whatever it turns out to be, I'm super excited to see it in person. [emoji16]

Top Bottom