What's new

RazoRock SLOC DE razor

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Every time I used my RR SLOC I'm reminded that I could use this razor every day with no issues & save alot of money. But RAD eventually kick in & I recently ordered a GC .68P.

Agreed, the SLOC is definitely one of the few razors I would/could use every day and be perfectly happy.

Nice razor. Picked up 2 heads from Yaqi for replacements.

G3 with Maggards knot and SLOC.jpg

I thought that there was an Instagram post insinuating that the SLOC is going to eventually come out in as a stainless steel head? I can't find it currently. Anyway, I really like my SLOC.

RazoRock posted a picture of it on their Twitter account.

RazoRock (@razorockJoe) | Twitter - https://twitter.com/razorockJoe - Sep 20 - Cnc milled SLOC, it's happening!

I'm wondering the same thing aluminium or stainless steel?

Is it black like the black anodized aluminium Lupo or black like the RazoRock Hawk 316L Stainless Steel DLC Coated?

I was wondering the same thing. I've been itching to pick up a SLOC and this news definitely has me excited. Will sit on my hands a bit longer to see what the end product will be.

stainless shmainless .
i love the SLOC just the way it is. it's the smoothest shaver i own. i like it more than my timeless.
i can't see me out-living this razor in its current form.

stainless shmainless .
i love the SLOC just the way it is. it's the smoothest shaver i own. i like it more than my timeless.
i can't see me out-living this razor in its current form.

My only concern with the existing SLOC was the zamak threads with a stainless steel (or any other metal) handle. I've had bad luck with these in the past and that's what caused my hesitancy.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
My only concern with the existing SLOC was the zamak threads with a stainless steel (or any other metal) handle. I've had bad luck with these in the past and that's what caused my hesitancy.
Been using my SLOC with the RR Bulldog or the Maggard MR11 handles without issue.

If RR does with the CNC SLOC what they did with the Stainless Lupo, I won't get one. Not that I wouldn't want one but I don't have the time or the inclination to sit, waiting for the 'add to cart' button to light.

YMMV

Ah. Solid point. I've never given it a thought or a look either. Will do tonight.

The Daqi SLOC DOC head doesn't thread on all the way onto any of the 40's or 50's tech handles....so now I have to pony up and buy the Daqi brass handle for $12 so I can make it work :thumbdown

The Daqi SLOC DOC head doesn't thread on all the way onto any of the 40's or 50's tech handles....so now I have to pony up and buy the Daqi brass handle for $12 so I can make it work :thumbdown
You can buy a complete package of the DOC head and brass or aluminum handle on the Yaqi AliExpress store for $15 shipped.

Been using my SLOC with the RR Bulldog or the Maggard MR11 handles without issue.

If RR does with the CNC SLOC what they did with the Stainless Lupo, I won't get one. Not that I wouldn't want one but I don't have the time or the inclination to sit, waiting for the 'add to cart' button to light.

YMMV

I've found the "email me when it is in stock" feature on their website to be useful. I'm not sure how that would work for something that everyone is waiting for, though . . .

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I've found the "email me when it is in stock" feature on their website to be useful. I'm not sure how that would work for something that everyone is waiting for, though . . .

I found that it works on lower demand stuff.

High demand stuff is usually gone by the time I see the email. :(

Top Bottom