What's new

RazoRock SLOC DE razor

I recently purchased the PAA aluminum Ascension DOC razor and used it once and did not have a good experience with it. I knew it was light based off of the information about it via their website and from shave forum threads about it, but I don't think it is going to be to my liking, as I like a bit heavier razor, especially with being a head shaver.

Has anyone tried the RazoRock SLOC, and what is your feedback on it? I am intrigued by the dual open comb design and am just in search of one that I can adapt to.

I've owned and used both the PAA DOC and the equivalent of the RR SLOC. I bought the head off of AliExpress but it is the same head used on the SLOC.

I was really disappointed with the PAA DOC. I tried several different approaches with it but I could not get a decent shave out of it. I thought it was milder and even less effective than a Tech. I didn't really like it at all and sold it. The double open comb from AliExpress (SLOC) was a different animal than the PAA DOC. I paired the head with a 110gm chubby handle I bought from West Coast Shaving. It is a lot more effective than the PAA DOC and it is a very smooth shaver. I get close, comfortable, irritation-free shaves with it. I love the combination I put together and it's one of my favorite razors. I'd definitely recommend the RR SLOC but if you are patient and like to save money like me, buy the head off of AliExpress and pair it with a handle you like.

I've owned and used both the PAA DOC and the equivalent of the RR SLOC. I bought the head off of AliExpress but it is the same head used on the SLOC.

I was really disappointed with the PAA DOC. I tried several different approaches with it but I could not get a decent shave out of it. I thought it was milder and even less effective than a Tech. I didn't really like it at all and sold it. The double open comb from AliExpress (SLOC) was a different animal than the PAA DOC. I paired the head with a 110gm chubby handle I bought from West Coast Shaving. It is a lot more effective than the PAA DOC and it is a very smooth shaver. I get close, comfortable, irritation-free shaves with it. I love the combination I put together and it's one of my favorite razors. I'd definitely recommend the RR SLOC but if you are patient and like to save money like me, buy the head off of AliExpress and pair it with a handle you like.
Thank you for the input, I really appreciate it. I really wanted to like the PAA DOC, but as you had mentioned, I can not get a good shave with it. I am a head shaver and it just felt overly aggressive, almost like the teeth on it were too sharp, felt it tugging to the point it was almost uncomfortable. It is a beautiful razor though, just too light for my taste. I will probably try to sell it on here and put that towards a different razor that I would like to try.

The sloc is a great razor. You’ll find the head holds lots of water and really helps slicken up your soaps. It’s a great razor to use with under performing soaps slickness wise.

I just posted, in this forum, a RazoRock SLOC/DLC-Yaqi/Generic DLC comparison... spoiler alert: The RazoRock was my favorite.

I just posted, in this forum, a RazoRock SLOC/DLC-Yaqi/Generic DLC comparison... spoiler alert: The RazoRock was my favorite.
I think I am leaning towards seriously getting one, plus, at such a low cost it is a win-win regardless of how you look at it. Thank you for your input.

Someone created his own DOC.

s-l1600-2.jpg

M

Member 113878

The ball-end Tech handle is a neat idea, I'll try it with my SLOC head, thanks!

I have the RR SLOC & the Satin Finish DOC from PAA. I get more efficient smoother shaves from the SLOC than the DOC. I love pairing my SLOC with the Stainless Steel Barber Pole Handle from RR. I find the DOC to be a disappointment in that it is too mild while the SLOC is perfect in my eyes

I realise that it has been a while since you posted this, but is there any way you could shave the link or vendor name for that doc head?

I realise that it has been a while since you posted this, but is there any way you could shave the link or vendor name for that doc head?

The PAA DOC was from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - PAA link
The SLOC DOC equivalent, probably the same source RazoRock uses is AliExpress (various sellers) - AliExpress link
The handle I paired with the head from AliExpress was from West Coast Shaving - West Coast Shaving link

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The SLOC fron RazoRock is ~$17 including your choice of RR stainless handle.

In my opinion, the SLOC is one of the best values in DE shaving.

YMMV

The SLOC fron RazoRock is ~$17 including your choice of RR stainless handle.

In my opinion, the SLOC is one of the best values in DE shaving.

YMMV

Every time I used my RR SLOC I'm reminded that I could use this razor every day with no issues & save alot of money. But RAD eventually kick in & I recently ordered a GC .68P.

Top Bottom