What's new

RazoRock Game Changer .68P or Mamba .70

Great review. I'm shocked it was that close. Gives me hope for the Mamba in expecting. [emoji846]

I've heard good things on the timeless. That should be quite the contender. Also, if you but direct, they have a return policy. That's a good thing when dealing with a $200 razor. Only $10 is kept, for shipping.
Just the thought of sending $200 on a razor makes me not want to buy one. Was thinking about getting a scratch and dent head and if it didn't work could always sell it.
I'm also hoping that IB will make an OC .68 game changer.

The only problem I have with my Rockwell 6C is getting a close shave under my nose without cutting myself. But two days ago I found the solution. I shave with either plate 3 or 4 and for shaving under my nose close I switch over to plate 2 just for that spot and that solved the issue. Now I get a close shave under my nose with no cuts.

Also today I checked Italians barbers and the Mamba .70 is out of stock again.

Funny you should say that, lol. I just saw a GC with both bases on DFS this morning, for anyone interested.

Edit: Oops, you said Mamba 70 not GC 68. Nevermind.

Last edited:
Just the thought of sending $200 on a razor makes me not want to buy one. Was thinking about getting a scratch and dent head and if it didn't work could always sell it.
I hear ya ... I know it's not even the most expensive, but it's a lot for me to justify paying too.

I'm usually in the $100 or below camp. Plenty of good choices there, too. [emoji846]

I completely understand what you mean but Timeless Ti68 is worth the price. If it doesn't work for you you can just ship it back
Also while I enjoy GC68 I prefer Karve with B plate over it

I completely understand what you mean but Timeless Ti68 is worth the price. If it doesn't work for you you can just ship it back
Yep, the return policy is a very nice addition. I'm glad they included that.

Also, their shave bowl is simply amazing... So I would hope the razor is in the same line of great designs.

So how do you compare the Karve B to the 68? I had the Karve and sold it. The B (SB) was smooth, but ATG was a bit touch and go, depending on how sensitive my skin was feeling that day.

Yep, the return policy is a very nice addition. I'm glad they included that.

Also, their shave bowl is simply amazing... So I would hope the razor is in the same line of great designs.

So how do you compare the Karve B to the 68? I had the Karve and sold it. The B (SB) was smooth, but ATG was a bit touch and go, depending on how sensitive my skin was feeling that day.
For me Karve has different feel than any other razors I have and it softer than GC68
What handle you had with Karve?
What preshave do you use?

For me Karve has different feel than any other razors I have and it softer than GC68
What handle you had with Karve?
What preshave do you use?
I had the original...

Preshave never seemed to do much for me, beyond the useful hot water face wash.

I had the original...

Preshave never seemed to do much for me, beyond the useful hot water face wash.
Do you prefer heavier razors?
Because I use Russian titanium handle and it makes difference
Preshave makes difference for my sensitive skin but to my surprise I prefer PAA Cube 2.0 and Proraso Sensitive over Grooming Dept

My first real reply here at B&B... I have the Mamba 70, GC .84, and the GC .84 OC. All give me a great shave with no irritation. But... one came with the titanium handle. I didn't think I would like that (100mm... " too long"). Wrong... that made the OC shave perfectly for me. It is now my absolute favorite. The different balance point let's me control the pressure to the head evenly without thinking. It's now my daily driver, and I do shave every day.

My first real reply here at B&B... I have the Mamba 70, GC .84, and the GC .84 OC. All give me a great shave with no irritation. But... one came with the titanium handle. I didn't think I would like that (100mm... " too long"). Wrong... that made the OC shave perfectly for me. It is now my absolute favorite. The different balance point let's me control the pressure to the head evenly without thinking. It's now my daily driver, and I do shave every day.

I had the Mamba .70 in my shopping cart on IB for two days while I was trying to decide if I really wanted it or not. Then it went out of stock and saved me from making a decision. I still think I want to try it. I'll probably pull the trigger next time it's available.

Good to know because I hate Italian Barber's return policy. Although their stainless razors are budget friendly. But i still don't want to get stuck with a razor I don't like & can't return. I have one now.

Me too. I have other hobbies & bills & I will never spend that kind of money on any razor unless it also gives you a happy ending. :biggrin:

Good to know because I hate Italian Barber's return policy. Although their stainless razors are budget friendly. But i still don't want to get stuck with a razor I don't like & can't return. I have one now.
You keep pointing out that you don't care for IB's return policy like they are the only vendor with that type of return policy, yet the razors you are interested in have a resale value in the BST's on just about any forum that is getting actual list price for the GC's and Mamba's that you are interested in!! What exactly are you losing on buying and trying? Maybe the time to list them for sale on the BST's?

You keep pointing out that you don't care for IB's return policy like they are the only vendor with that type of return policy, yet the razors you are interested in have a resale value in the BST's on just about any forum that is getting actual list price for the GC's and Mamba's that you are interested in!! What exactly are you losing on buying and trying? Maybe the time to list them for sale on the BST's?
I have no interest in selling a razor I don't like on any forum. Although I might be open to a trade.

Last edited:
RATS!!!! I spoke too soon. The GC .68 is in stock right now with the barber pole handle & I couldn't resist! Just placed my order.

Also I signed up for their email alert for this razor & handle & I still haven't received one!

Last edited:
RATS!!!! I spoke too soon. The GC .68 is in stock right now with the barber pole handle & I couldn't resist! Just place an order.
Lol don't say "Rats"... Maybe it's fortuitous. It could be the right razor for you. You made the leap, now keep the faith. We're rooting for you. [emoji846]

Lol don't say "Rats"... Maybe it's fortuitous. It could be the right razor for you. You made the leap, now keep the faith. We're rooting for you. [emoji846]

Hope you're right. I was too weak to resist! If it was any other handle I would of resisted.

You will not regret it. If it will feel too heavy just change the handle
Thanks.
Like I said I couldn't resist with the barber pole handle. And I'm still waiting for my notification email to tell me it's back in stock. Glad I've been checking multiple times per day.

Top Bottom