What's new

Prototype of the Paradigm SE

Rakuten seems like an odd store. I can't figure out shipping charges. If you go with "small packet" they won't tell you the fee.

If you are using PayPal, you check out and they will send you an email with a payment link with the total price. At that time you can cancel or pay! If you use a bank card, I think they skip this step.

Rakuten seems like an odd store. I can't figure out shipping charges. If you go with "small packet" they won't tell you the fee.

I order via small packet to ensure the parcel is below that which attract import duties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy, the creator of the Paradigm, posted this earlier on another forum in response to Matador:

"Okay, I gotta eat a little crow here. I never tested wire guard blades, so I couldn’t recommend them. But they seem to work fine. So consider what I said about them not fitting incorrect. As for Feather Pro Supers, they are a definite squeeze. I still don't recommend it. But others have reported using them. You takes your chances on that one.

I am going to update my website accordingly. Thanks for updating my brain. :) "

I didn't know I wasn't suppose to use the Feather Professional Super blades. It was the first one I grabbed. Everything went smoothly. I really enjoy the combo.

I didn't know I wasn't suppose to use the Feather Professional Super blades. It was the first one I grabbed. Everything went smoothly. I really enjoy the combo.
When Andy posted about it in the pre release he said the Super Pro would not fit, because it did not fit in the prototype but it works great and really improves the efficiency for me.

I just wanted to post an update...my Paradigm SE just arrived this morning! The first shave will be tomorrow. The razor is gorgeous in person and the finish work is top notch. Pictures truly don't do this razor justice. The weight is perfect and I can also confirm that titanium was definitely the perfect choice for this design.

One more thing...another owner in this thread posted pictures about his delivery experience. His Paradigm was shoved into a bubble envelope and the box was crushed during shipping. I am not sure whether he ordered from Bullgoose or directly from Paradigm, but that experience definitely gave me pause when deciding whether I would buy the razor. I ordered directly from Paradigm Shaveware and had the exact opposite experience. The razor was shipped with tracking provided the same day...and it was well-packaged in a heavy duty cardboard box. The razor box itself was wrapped in heavy butcher paper to keep it safe and sound (see pics).

I will report back with details after the first shave!

proxy.php

proxy.php

The 5th shave with the Pro Super and I still feel like it has 2-3 more great shaves in it. It has been the best blade in the Paradigm Ti for me over the Schick Proline and Kai blades, hands down. Just has been excellent shaves...
And the A&E soap/aftershave combo are just superb. Really good stuff with a great scent (Creed Aventus clone of the fruitier batches) that is in your face but, very pleasing and masculine.

92A32305-8299-4A7D-999E-C53E896B09EC.jpeg

C58186BB-F8F2-4EC7-B6BE-3B54CC0ECDA3.jpeg

I thought the feather super pro weren't supposed to fit in the paradigm SE. Do you think using those blades will damage the razor over time?

I thought the feather super pro weren't supposed to fit in the paradigm SE. Do you think using those blades will damage the razor over time?
Andy stated on another forum that the super Pro did not fit in the prototype so he did not recommend using it initially, he said it was his error and you can use it in the Titanium razor.

Pro Super has turned this razor from good to amazing for me. Still so smooth and mild feeling with a nice increase in blade feel and efficiency. Total winner.

I have a few shaves under my belt with the Paradigm SE and I thought I would post a short review...

After discovering that the Blackland Vector was not a good fit for me, I ordered the Paradigm SE. Shortly after it arrived, I loaded it up with a Feather Pro and went to work...after finding the right angle the shave was fast and very very smooth. However, the shave was not very close. The Paradigm SE gave me the same effortless shaving experience that I had grown accustomed to with my DE razors, but I needed to get better results. For the next shave, I tried the Schick Proline. This blade provided a closer shave, but still nowhere near the closeness of my favorite DEs. So, I took the advice of the other owner's on B&B and loaded up a Feather Super and that is the magic formula for this razor. Finally, I could get a nice close, effortless shave with "best in class" smoothness. (As an aside, I am a little concerned that the razor is so "blade-dependent"...if Feather ever stops making the Super blade, the razor will be rendered nearly useless, but for the time being it is a match made in heaven.)

The build quality on the Paradigm is top notch, and the Titanium is the perfect choice of materials for such a "chunky" design. The blade loading mechanism is unlike anything I have ever seen and, I think the razor will be hard to come by in a few months. All in all, the Paradigm not only delivers a smoother, more effortless shave, but the razor just feels more "special" to me (than the Vector), which is an intangible quality that I tend to seek out when choosing a razor. Between the two (Paradigm vs Vector), the Paradigm SE is the "keeper" for me!

I hope this short review helps and I look forward to hearing the thoughts of the more advanced SE shavers on the forum!

proxy.php

@SaddleSC very good initial summation of your experience with the Paradigm. I also found the Feather Super Pro to be the magic combo with this razor, I actually am enjoying my Vector, it is a totally different feel than the Paradigm ( more blade feel, but super maneuverable) but it also gives a great shave.

(As an aside, I am a little concerned that the razor is so "blade-dependent"...if Feather ever stops making the Super blade, the razor will be rendered nearly useless, but for the time being it is a match made in heaven.)

Your technique is probably more blade dependent on the Pro Super than the razor!

The Pro Super offers .2 mm more blade exposure than other AC blades because of its dimensions.

artist club blade specifications.jpg

If you want to experiment with the other blades, try applying more pressure with them to get the blade to contact your skin more to get better results.

Artist Club(AC) blades are made for shavettes, so they should be around for a while.

The Paradigm is a very nice razor. Very smooth and easy -- and particularly with a double hot-washed, face-lathered beard. It is a bit like the Supply 3-dot, or a G-Type. Moreover, with full prep, the Pro Super is not necessary.

The Vector is similar to the shape and size of the original carts, but without cutting below the skin-line -- that has caused some much pain and suffering. It is somewhat like the "adjustable" El Jefe, which (with all due care) remains at the top end of BBS shaves for moi.

I also put the AAT V1 at the top of the line.

But, as we know, every combination of beard and skin is different.

The Paradigm is a very nice razor. Very smooth and easy -- and particularly with a double hot-washed, face-lathered beard. It is a bit like the Supply 3-dot, or a G-Type. Moreover, with full prep, the Pro Super is not necessary.

The Vector is similar to the shape and size of the original carts, but without cutting below the skin-line -- that has caused some much pain and suffering. It is somewhat like the "adjustable" El Jefe, which (with all due care) remains at the top end of BBS shaves for moi.

I also put the AAT V1 at the top of the line.

But, as we know, every combination of beard and skin is different.
Very interesting - I’d wondered if the Vector would perform similar to the El Jefe just because of the appearance really :)
I’m interested in hearing experiences if the Vector with that thin head.
Is it like a better behaved Cobra?

I have all 3. The Classic Cobra has been my “go to” razor for some years.
The Vector is OK. Hard to load blade. Paradigm SE is best with Feather Super. For me the Cobra leads by many miles......

The Vector is OK. Hard to load blade. Paradigm SE is best with Feather Super. For me the Cobra leads by many miles......
Great stuff! How do the Cobra and Vector compare in terms of aggression and efficiency?

Do you have the Asylum RX, how does that razor fit into the picture since you seem to prefer efficiency

Top Bottom