What's new

Prototype of the Paradigm SE

Could anyone compare the Paradigm SE razor with a RazoRock SS Hawk? I've been using a Hawk for over a year now but have a Paradigm SE on the way and I'm curious how they'll compare.

Just a quick thread revival. Pulled out the Paradigm Ti SE for this mornings shave. A very smooth and comfortable shave was had. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Schick, Kai and Feather Pro's work nicely in the Ti SE providing comfortable daily shaves without much issue. But, the Feather Pro Super was meant for this razor. No harsh or rough feeling from this blade installed in the Ti SE. It tames it nicely while the Pro Super gives it just that right amount of blade feel and cutting prowess that is magnificent. What I have really noticed is that this razor and blade combo working in the ATG pass. As effective as any other blade/razor combo I've used regardless of blade format. Just works flawlessly on the against the grain pass with supreme comfort and efficiency. Very well designed and engineered with precise machining tolerances that rank with some of the best out there. Though the handle is love/hate, I've learned to deal and accept it as it really isn't uncomfortable to hold as it exhibits excellent balance and tactile feel. Blade insertion/removal is brutally easy and care of the razor is even easier.

A superb performer all around. Nitpicking? Perhaps was the entry price at nearly $400 but, that is always subjective to many. The majority will say "no razor is worth that kind of $$$" while a select few would chime in by saying "worth every penny spent". I king of agree with the first group as I thought $200 was already outrageous for a shave tool. Curiosity in the end got the best of me though. Yep, as the minority who've tried this razor have said "totally worth it", I have to agree. With todays prices of uber niche razors and how it seems that prices are slowly escalating, sometime in the near future the Paradigm Ti SE might be considered a bargain....

Time will tell. In the meantime, it's a true pleasure to use....

BDECB9F0-B3F0-4F0A-807D-7F6DD13F5BB5.jpeg

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Nitpicking? Perhaps was the entry price at nearly $400 but, that is always subjective to many.

As my father used to say (too much), "The man with a lot of money didn't get it by spending it all." Let's just bow our heads for a moment of silence...

OK, I'm over it. [grin] I had a moment when I threw a bid in for a lather catcher that was as much as I had been planning to spend for a new razor. Felt like I could justify it that way.

O.H.

@GlazedBoker
Thanks for sharing an update.
I'll have to double check the Feather AC blades I have. I've tried 1 out of the 2 but I think the other ones may be the guarded ones.
So far, the shaves with Schick Proline's and the Feather Pros have been great, but a couple of days ago I had my first shave with a Vintage Ever-Ready w/a GEM blade, and the way it sliced the hair so cleanly, was a difference worth noting.
Perhaps things could be made to be better than they already are with the Paradigm if I kicked it up a notch.

Last edited:
Head shave with the lovely Paradigm SE
Feather pro
SV flying mango

After reading a few recent posts, I consciously tried to apply as little pressure as possible to see if I was sloppy with my technique

It definitely helped, but I normally get BBS, no nicks, no irritation (or very little) anyway.

a great razor

As suggested on here, I am really going to try and get some Feather super pro blades and see how they work

I really like the razor, but am now waiting for my Colonial General v2 that I ordered to give a bit of rotation

I haven’t touched a DE since I got this, but am thinking of giving them all a go and decide to keep or sell them

Head shave with the lovely Paradigm SE
Feather pro
SV flying mango

After reading a few recent posts, I consciously tried to apply as little pressure as possible to see if I was sloppy with my technique

It definitely helped, but I normally get BBS, no nicks, no irritation (or very little) anyway.

a great razor

As suggested on here, I am really going to try and get some Feather super pro blades and see how they work

I really like the razor, but am now waiting for my Colonial General v2 that I ordered to give a bit of rotation

I haven’t touched a DE since I got this, but am thinking of giving them all a go and decide to keep or sell them
Have you done head shave with the vector or general V1 stainless? If so was good? Thanks in advance?

Have you done head shave with the vector or general V1 stainless? If so was good? Thanks in advance?

No I haven’t - the Paradigm was my first foray into SE razors.

will put my initial thoughts on the v2 general when it gets to Dubai (probably another week before my first shave)

I would love to try the vector

so I gave the Feather Pro Supers a try the other day. Noticeable difference for sure. I'll have to give it a few more runs before coming to a final decision on which blade I prefer more. The Pros, or supers.
DSCF2639.JPG

Traded with a friend to get the Paradigm SE back, thru in a Pro-line and fell in love with this razor all over again. It is so easy to use and gives a great result mindlessly.

I thought I wanted to go all DE, regretted it and now got back the Asylum Rx, and Paradigm plus picked up the General V2. Learned my lesson and these are here to stay

Good for you amigo. I’m also leaning towards picking up the V2 SS General.

Happy shaves brother... :straight:

Thank you Gus. I am enjoying the General V2, very smooth and its probably similar to the Vector in results but I like the General head a little better.

Thank you Gus. I am enjoying the General V2, very smooth and its probably similar to the Vector in results but I like the General head a little better.
I've been really happy with my General v2, but it's caused the usual conundrum around here. Should I keep buying things to see if there's anything even better?

I acquired a Cobra Classic having read really good things. I am experimenting with it since I haven't found a blade that really suits me with it yet. (Surprisingly, my usual Proline seems to cause a little too much irritation and redness. Currently finding the Kai Captain (original) and the MG to work best for me. But I don't think that the Cobra is shaving me better than the v2 so far.)

The only other thing that's calling out my name is the Vector and from my limited experience, I'm not sure it will be an improvement worth the investment.

(And to bring things back to the topic at hand, I really love the look of the mechanism on the Paradigm, but I'm afraid it would be too mild for my use.)

This razor is IMO thee smoothest razor ever made. I’ll never let mine go or in other words; "I'll give you my razor when you pry (or take) it from my cold, dead hands".

This razor is IMO thee smoothest razor ever made. I’ll never let mine go or in other words; "I'll give you my razor when you pry (or take) it from my cold, dead hands".

Ditto this for sure !!! So glad I got one - if Andy ever makes another titanium SE, I will be one of the first in the list

After going DE for a while I've come back to the Paradigm Ti SE, and am getting the best shaves of my life. Smoothest, most intuitive razor I own, beautiful to hold, least irritation of any razor I have, and close shaves (for me anyway) to boot. It's the best razor for me, at the moment anyway!

A smooth and easy shave with the Paradigm Ti. And again, it’s the Pro Supers that do it for me. I can get some real good shaves with the Feather Pro’s, Schick Prolines and Kai’s but, the Supers are just perfect with this razor and how they both perform on my skin. I have never, ever given myself a nic or weeper with this razor regardless of razor/blade combo. Never once have I felt irritation and it’s one of the best shavers around my neck area. Magnificent performer...

717522AA-CBD1-4502-AEA5-70CF04A180CA.jpeg

Top Bottom