What's new

Post your shave dens!

So what's the trick to not acquire more than you need?

HAHAHAHAHA!! That's a good one!

Delete your account. Close the computer. And step away slowly. It's the only way.

Run, as fast as you can! There's still time for you, you don't even have 50 posts!

to just not have any money
I just made my first big order it was around 60 dollars and it will do for now. I will post pic's when it comes in.

I honestly don't know. I think it might be intended for soft cheese.
View attachment 222703
It was sitting in the kitchen drawer for 20 years and when a thread about scooping soft creams came up, it finally got a job. I'm pretty sure it's yard sale treasure.
Great for changing containers and making samples of stuff for friends. I use it for plopping very soft cream portions into those footed lathering bowls.

That looks very much like a stilton spoon. I LOVE that you are using it for this - who needs a stilton spoon these days?

Really nice setups! So what's the trick to not acquire more than you need? My equipment is pretty low right now...but I could easily see it getting out of hand.

~~~there's always the BST forum here to offer up product to others, in order to help you thin your herd...at least that is what you can tell your SO when she sees it starting to pile up:ouch1:

Best,

Jake
Reddick Fla.

+1 on BST. I have thinned a little through there myself.

It is not that big of a deal until you find yourself considering building an addition for your shaving stuff :scared:

Take a look at Mr. Razors collection/display. Every time I think I am getting TOO much, I stop by his website. This always makes me feel a lot better about my meager collection of "toys".

http://www.mr-razor.com/Collection/Collection.htm

~~~there's always the BST forum here to offer up product to others, in order to help you thin your herd...at least that is what you can tell your SO when she sees it starting to pile up:ouch1:

Really nice setups! So what's the trick to not acquire more than you need? My equipment is pretty low right now...but I could easily see it getting out of hand.

if thats a stainless very sharp spoon..it CAN be shaved with..hehe

I honestly don't know. I think it might be intended for soft cheese.
View attachment 222703
It was sitting in the kitchen drawer for 20 years and when a thread about scooping soft creams came up, it finally got a job. I'm pretty sure it's yard sale treasure.
Great for changing containers and making samples of stuff for friends. I use it for plopping very soft cream portions into those footed lathering bowls.

I am slowly working my way through this thread. You guys got lots of neat shave dens and lots of neat stuff. I see lots of Old Spice stuff....we really should let P&G know they need to bring back the Original Shulton scent and also the original shave soap. I swear they could make lots of $$$$. I am new to DE shaving and have vowed I will only get what I can use (I live in an apartment) and so far am doing ok. I do know the vow will not last. I am trying to hold at a couple of Slim adjustables, a Fat boy, and a birth year Aristocrat. I have slipped a bit and did pick up a graduation year Gillette and also a '58 Gillette Flare Tip. Also have a couple of OS mugs. Brushes, a FS silvertip and another silver tip purchased off ebay.

Last edited:
Great thread, there are some amazing shaving dens! Those vast collections give me something to aspire to. Here is my very modest shave den, one week in and growing. The little white dish contains EJ sandalwood soap (to try once I figure out my blade).

Attachments

• $IMG_2069.jpg
    $IMG_2069.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 919
Here is my noob den including my new TI straight (birthday present for myself). Only thing missing is my Dovo Best 6/8, it's out getting some custom scales. Should be home in a week or so.

proxy.php

And my basket of goodies that don't fit on the shelf of fame

proxy.php

Great thread, there are some amazing shaving dens! Those vast collections give me something to aspire to. Here is my very modest shave den, one week in and growing. The little white dish contains EJ sandalwood soap (to try once I figure out my blade).
Wut kinda lather bowl is that... Like the handle

I found it at an off brand dollar store (Montreal is full of them). I believe it was meant to be a french onion soup bowl. If you cannot find one near you and are interested picking one up let me know.

Come to think of it , I seem to remember seeing one of those in a resturaunt !! Thank you for your kind offer of picking one up. I will look around for one nearby to where I live.

Top Bottom