What's new

Post your shave dens!

I honestly don't know. I think it might be intended for soft cheese.
$SAM_0183.jpg
It was sitting in the kitchen drawer for 20 years and when a thread about scooping soft creams came up, it finally got a job. I'm pretty sure it's yard sale treasure.
Great for changing containers and making samples of stuff for friends. I use it for plopping very soft cream portions into those footed lathering bowls.

In celebration of My 50th post, thought I post pics of my den. I've tried to make efficient use of my tiny apartment bathroom-yet still keep a minimal, and uncluttered feel. Except for my razors the Kiss my Face and the Tweezerman, the rest of the goodies and brush collection have been acquired in the last couple of months. I'm having a blast collecting and best of all using this stuff. It's like a little international journey every time I shave now-BTW a task I used to HATE pre DE. Enjoy!

Attachments

• $1wardoniaAOS.jpg
    $1wardoniaAOS.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 981
  • $2sinkFull.jpg
    $2sinkFull.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 986
  • $3cabinet_brushes.jpg
    $3cabinet_brushes.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 984
  • $6MugsBowlsetc.jpg
    $6MugsBowlsetc.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,026
  • $sinkDetail.jpg
    $sinkDetail.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 985
Last edited:
A couple more; close up of razor holder; and a glimpse in my "goodie" box and blade stash which have grown just a little fuller by a couple products since taking this photo :blush:

Attachments

• $4RazorCollection.jpg
    $4RazorCollection.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 981
  • $7wardoniaAcross.jpg
    $7wardoniaAcross.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 980
  • $8StashBox.jpg
    $8StashBox.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 979
In celebration of My 50th post, thought I post pics of my den. I've tried to make efficient use of my tiny apartment bathroom-yet still keep a minimal, and uncluttered feel. Except for my razors the Kiss my Face and the Tweezerman, the rest of the goodies and brush collection have been acquired in the last couple of months. I'm having a blast collecting and best of all using this stuff. It's like a little international journey every time I shave now-BTW a task I used to HATE pre DE. Enjoy!
Nice shave den, I like the poster and the various shelves and racks you have made.

attachment.php

When I first saw this photo, I thought you were going to arrange the last couple of items so that it spelled out OMg or OHIO.

Monster is an apt description. Its a custom Rudy Vey brush. 30mm sliver tip set at 55mm loft. Handle is made from ancient Kauri wood (30-60K years old). Here's another view (pre-bloom):
$6732199423_ab7dae8c25_z.jpg
$6732212153_836f7247cb_z.jpg

Took the camera in again today for a shot of my shave of the day (razor, soap, brush, blade) and took a couple more general shots of the shave cathedral

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Really nice setups! So what's the trick to not acquire more than you need? My equipment is pretty low right now...but I could easily see it getting out of hand.

The 151 is for refilling that square apothecary jar in the picture front and viewer's left of the bottle. I dip my razor with blade after rinsing. Blades last longer without crud on them oxidizing the coating and I never seem to have to clean my razors of soap scum. Since I use mostly vintage blades, (Schick Plus Platinums, Swedes, etc) it's worth it for me. Plus it smells better than rubbing alcohol.

~~~makes sense to me but I'd be afraid of drinking from the bottle if I left rum in my den:a54:

I have very little impulse control:yesnod::lol1:

Best,

Jake
Reddick Fla.

Top Bottom