What's new

PIF - VITOS Italian soft soap - For New Shavers / New Members

I'm in, I just got my first real razor a couple weeks ago and have been trying out some samples from mikes naturals but nothing Italian so far

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
A little feedback from my first shaves with the Vitos. BTW, I love that name. If it didn't exist, you'd have to make it up because how there could not be an Italian soap called "Vito".:euro: As I mentioned in my original post in this thread, I've been shaving with Cella pretty steadily for past couple of months, so that pretty heavily shaped my initial impression. Anyway, on to the shaves:

I started with the Extra Super. Prep - shower with Nivea Face Scrub. Brush - redoubtable Omega Pro 48. Razor - Merkur 39c, aka Der Facepanzer, with a Shark blade. Post - splash of Thayer's original, splash of Pinaud Clubman.
$IMG_2628 (2).jpg

Initially, I lathered exactly like a lather Cella. Marco's method basically - saturated brush, 100+ swirls on the soap, then a minute or so face lathering. The lather came out much thinner and airier than what I was used to with Cella. I went back to the soap and loaded some more and lathered some more and got it into better shape.
$IMG_2631 (2).jpg

Still less dense than Cella. Also, unlike Cella, the scent faded to almost nothing once it lathered. Maybe that's a good thing to folks who don't like strong scents. The shave went fine - two passes, plus touchup. A bit more irritation than I got yesterday with Cella (same razor/blade). I can't blame the soap; I think I need more time with it to dial in the lather. The post shave feel was wonderful - better than I expected. Must be the tallow.

Second shave, about 16 hours of growth (which is good heavy shadow for me). Same setup as above, except running with the Extra Super with Cocco this time.
$IMG_2633.jpg

Lather went better this time. It might be because the Cocco formula is a little closer to Cella (which also has Cocco oil). Or it might be I just nailed the lathering better. Anyway, I got a better lather, although it was still thinner and less dense than yesterday's Cella. Two pass shave was great.
$IMG_2634.jpg

Little Tanker approves!
$IMG_2635.jpg

No nicks or weepers on either shave. That's a big deal to me as Der Facepanzer does not take kindly to substandard protection. Of the two, I liked the Cocco better, but maybe that will change as I get to know all three soaps better. I need to perfect the lather before I make any definitive judgments. Overall, good first run for the Vitos, and I am very grateful for the chance to use it for a while.

I tried out the regular green Vitos today. Wow, what a shave. This is the first tallow soap I've ever used and I think I'm sold. Lathering went off without a hitch and it produced a nice, slick substance with which I was able to achieve an irritation free DFS.

Thanks so much for an opportunity to try this soap, I doubt I ever would have been able to otherwise. I look forward to trying the other two versions as well.

Mine came, too! Can't wait to try one..... Monday. As a rule, I never try something new on a Sunday because, well, my name says it all. :)

Tried the extra super last night. So far I really really like this soap. I had the best shave with my Schick to date. Granted I changed a lot of my prep but I'm blaming some of it on the soap. It's very soft and creamy I also like the smell. Now I want to know where to buy it.

Tried the extra super last night. So far I really really like this soap. I had the best shave with my Schick to date. Granted I changed a lot of my prep but I'm blaming some of it on the soap. It's very soft and creamy I also like the smell. Now I want to know where to buy it.

This came from www.italianbarber.com - per his website, Joseph has only the Classic (Green) currently in stock.

Gee - seems I gave away two kilos of rare, out-of-production, vintage, one-of-a-kind, supreme, extra-super (with cocco), impossible-to-find, never-to-be-duplicated, fantastic Italian Shaving SOAP!!!!!

hahahha Isn't life fun(ny)?

This came from www.italianbarber.com - per his website, Joseph has only the Classic (Green) currently in stock.

Gee - seems I gave away two kilos of rare, out-of-production, vintage, one-of-a-kind, supreme, extra-super (with cocco), impossible-to-find, never-to-be-duplicated, fantastic Italian Shaving SOAP!!!!!

You sir, are a true gentleman!

I had the second shave with Vitos Green this morning and it was superb. Italian soaps seem to be "where it's at." Now I need to try Cella!

Kicking myself for not getting in on this one! Congrats to everyone who did though and keep the reports coming. I'm enjoying reading about all of your experiences.:thumbup:

I'm a big fan of Vitos extra super. Is this confirmed that it is no longer in production. All I have seen as well is the green.

I'm a big fan of Vitos extra super. Is this confirmed that it is no longer in production. All I have seen as well is the green.

...oh, no - I have no idea if it's (the extra super or extra super + cocco) in production still. I only know what I see on the Italian Barber site. I have not spoken to anyone who might know for sure.

I've looked on other sites and all vendors seem to be out of stock. I found one vendir but it was overseas. I don't know if I'm willing to pay that type of shipment.

Nevermind . I found amazon has it. 28 plus $6 shipping .

Last edited:
Top Bottom