What's new

Susan Darnell Vitos Sapone Extra Super

The Almond scent belongs to the Italian barbershop tradition from time immemorial. This fragrance is a true classic and has always been loved by Italian wet shavers. Me included. :thumbup1:

Well there is always the Valobra stick I guess. I have been using it for the past two weeks and it is absolutely fabulous.
:thumbup:

Like squeezyjohn, I ordered the Vitos Sapone Extra Super and Vitos Crema Pre-Dopobarba from cosmeticishop.it and used translate.google.com. Placing my order was not as easy though because it kept coming up with an error for the address in the United States. Marco told me the "CAP" was the same as Zip Code, but everytime I went to complete the order I got an error message. I had to send an e-mail to [email protected] explaining the error and was told that the shipping to the US was 16 euros instead of the 10 shown on their site. I would up paying through PayPal for the 26.50 euros to [email protected] with the order information on Monday and followed it up with an e-mail. I received the order today. Not bad...4 days from Italy to the US. Using translate.google.com was a huge help in all this.

I ordered some Vitos Sapone (Green) to compare to Extra Super (Red). Sent march 24th, received march 25th :w00t: In one day from Italy to the Netherlands:thumbup1:

I ordered some Vitos Sapone (Green) to compare to Extra Super (Red). Sent march 24th, received march 25th :w00t: In one day from Italy to the Netherlands:thumbup1:

First shave down with the Green. Can not tell any difference between Green and Red. To me they smell the same and perform the same. I know the Red has glycerin added, but it does not seem to make any difference. Any body else tried them both?

Tried the Vitos Extra Super for the first time yesterday, and I am mightily impressed. The scent is pretty much the same as P.160 in my opinion. Lathering was a piece of cake despite using a new Semogue boar. Shave was exceptional. Yet another first rate soap from Italy.:thumbup:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Tried the Vitos Extra Super for the first time yesterday, and I am mightily impressed. The scent is pretty much the same as P.160 in my opinion. Lathering was a piece of cake despite using a new Semogue boar. Shave was exceptional. Yet another first rate soap from Italy.:thumbup:

Glad to hear, David! :001_smile Vitos Extra Super is a "new" soap manufactured in "old" way. In other words it's a stunning "modern classic". :thumbup1:

Rookie Question: How do you actually go about getting a piece off the 1 kilo of soap and in to your soap dish where you load lather? Is it soft enough that you can just cut off a piece and form it to the soap dish you will be using to load the brush? other?

Also, I have about 20 soaps now that I really enjoy and have absolutely no good reason to be wanting to try this soap. But...

How do you actually go about getting a piece off the 1 kilo of soap and in to your soap dish where you load lather? Is it soft enough that you can just cut off a piece and form it to the soap dish you will be using to load the brush?

Yes, I cut of a piece and mold it into my mug.

+1. The Green for me though - I don't care for marzipan in the morning.

Thanks for another write up Marco!

The Green and the Red smell exactly the same. I was surprised about that too, only difference seems to be the glycerin, but my skin does not notice that. But the almond smell on both soaps is fortunately not that strong.

Last edited:
This morning I lathered Vitos on top of the pre-shave lather. Worked great :thumbup1: Also nice (for me) is that like this the first pass I do not smell almond :tongue_sm

This morning I lathered Vitos on top of the pre-shave lather. Worked great :thumbup1: Also nice (for me) is that like this the first pass I do not smell almond :tongue_sm

That's where I'm a bit confused. In the review section here it says the scent is 'light and clean'.

Hmmm... seems I'll have to post for a sample in the WTB forum.

That's where I'm a bit confused. In the review section here it says the scent is 'light and clean'.

Hmmm... seems I'll have to post for a sample in the WTB forum.

If I can stand an almond smell, it has to be "light and clean". But take a sniff at both and let me know what you think. Again for me both soaps are exactly the same, only the Red also has glycerin.

Dear Marco:

Please discontinue your use of the site "Badger & Blade" for informing large quantities of gentlemen about new and fantastic shave soaps. We can literally FEEL the money leaving America for Italy. And it hurts.

Best regards,
U.S. Economy

Top Bottom