What's new

PIF - VITOS Italian soft soap - For New Shavers / New Members

Thanks for the PIF, I'll be looking for the soap. I did some reading about this soap and it really sounds interesting. I'm wondering tho, where do you buy it in the US? A google search really didn't turn up anything for me, and while my google-fu may not be as strong as it could be, I usually do alright.
No idea where to buy it in the US, but there are several webshops in Europe selling Vitos soap. I'm not really a fan, but YMMV!

Thanks again for the PIF; I'm very much looking forward to trying it and comparing with Cella.

@Bahnzo and Eeyore - check out Italian Barber.

Is it THIS STUFF there? It says cream, but I'm guessing it's not.

Got my PIF today, thanks so much. I shave at night, so I know what I'm using...

I looked them up, and for others like me who aren't sure of the three types:
Green = their normal stuff, linked above
Red/Super = green with added glycerin
Red w/coco = super with added coconut oil.

I almost hope I don't like this, seems difficult to find. But a 1kg block I'm sure will last a good long time.

Last edited:
Is it THIS STUFF there? It says cream, but I'm guessing it's not.

Got my PIF today, thanks so much. I shave at night, so I know what I'm using...

I looked them up, and for others like me who aren't sure of the three types:
Green = their normal stuff, linked above
Red/Super = green with added glycerin
Red w/coco = super with added coconut oil.

I almost hope I don't like this, seems difficult to find. But a 1kg block I'm sure will last a good long time.

Yes, as with many other places, Italian Barber lists the Vitos bricks. Which is why people quickly point out that the soap is still being made.

I suspect that the soap is perhaps no longer in production because it has been a year or more since I've seen any Vitos Red in stock. Retailers still carry the listing, but none have the soap and none seem to be getting it in.

What a great PIF, enjoy the soap to all those who got it! I look forward to seeing what others think of it.

I tried. I like.

Long form: I've been shaving almost exclusively with Proraso Green for the last week. I really like the menthol, but I also like the way Proraso (red included) shaves. It's slick, it feels good on my face while I shave, and it does a great job of protecting my skin while I drag an extremely sharp blade across it.

Vito's does the same. I like the smell...the light almond scent is clean and not overpowering. It lathers up easy, protects my skin, and gave me a top notch shave.

I'm really liking these Italian soaps. I don't like shave soaps that have a strong scent. I have aftershaves that make me smell good after I shave, a soap doesn't need to have that function. So while I like the *smelly* soaps that I have (they make my bathroom smell nice) I'm using the Italian ones, because they work best for me so far.

Thanks for the PIF bythbook! Really opened me up to something I'd probably have never tried on my own. Now....who wants to split a 1kg bar in about 6 months? :)

Last edited:
You're most welcome, gentlemen!

All the envelopes hit the PO on Monday - I hope all are received by today.

I'm happy I was able to pass along some really nice soap - small prizes, but lots of winners!

I also hope that you each will someday be able to pass something along to the B&B community.

Have fun with the soap!

So, as the others have mentioned, I got 50g of each Green, Red, and Red w/ coconut oil. I decided to be plain-jane and try the green stuff first (they are all the same color... :p)

I threw it into my beautiful mug from Pier 1 and lathered it up! I put it on my face and first noted how light it was compared to my Proraso Green. It also smelled very nutty, which I liked. I was half-expecting a bad lather when I put it on my face, seeing how thin it was.

On the contrary, it was the slickest shave I've ever had. I got a little overzealous and cut myself because I didn't feel any pull. I was quite impressed by how little I had to use to get a good shave. I can't even imagine what it will be like to use the stuff with extra glycerin! The light scent was refreshing and the soap felt very clean. I also liked how light and fluffy the stuff felt when lathered on my face.

Thanks for letting me try this stuff out! I'm very impressed. I'll have to pick some up to pif someday. It is definitely part of a luxurious shave!

$IMG_20141204_114101.jpg

I just receive mine today! Can't wait to try it out, which will have to be in a couple days; my skin only allows me comfortable shaves every 2-3 days. Thanks again for your generousity!

Top Bottom