What's new

Susan Darnell Vitos Sapone Extra Super

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
To all my B&B friends: THANK YOU for the kind words of appreciation. And please, for those who will try Vitos Extra Super, remember to report your thoughts on this Italian soap!

Sent Susan Darnell an inquiry about a retailer in North America and this was the reply:

thanks for your interest in our article, we are improving the agreement with a distributor in Canada for the North American market. defined as soon as we will send you the contacts of the same.
Yours faithfully
giorgio caserza

Distributor in Canada? Let me take a wild guess on that one, hahaha....Can't wait.

:thumbup:

Quite simple: it contains benzaldehyde, and my skin doesn't tolerate benzaldehyde. :cursing: Folks who couldn't handle P.160 or Col. Conk Almond won't be able to handle Vitos as well. It's as simple as pie, really.

My skin seems to tolerate benzaldehyde. Almond oil however, is not ok. So I can not use Cella, but I can use Vitos. But I agree, I would love Vitos even more if it was lemon scented. Fortunately the almond smell is not too strong on Vitos.

To all my B&B friends: THANK YOU for the kind words of appreciation. And please, for those who will try Vitos Extra Super, remember to report your thoughts on this Italian soap!

Marco, how would you describe the lather? I would say more slick than thick. A lot like what I get from Omega cream. Very good lather, btw. Cushioning and protection are good, as is the skin afterwards.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco, how would you describe the lather? I would say more slick than thick. A lot like what I get from Omega cream. Very good lather, btw. Cushioning and protection are good, as is the skin afterwards.

More slick than thick? I'd better say a balanced combination of both. And with all due respect for Omega, Vitos Extra Super is a much superior product.

I just wanted to give an account with how I ordered this from cosmeticishop.it to the UK. I signed up for an account using a lot of Google Translate (I only know a few italian words and extrapolate from other european languages so was a bit out of my depth with the technical stuff needed to sign up - than God for Google translate!)

The kilo brick was 5.50 Euros and I also bought a 500ml tub of the Vitos Crema Pre-Dopobarba for 6 Euros. Shipping was 10 Euros for what they called "La Via Migliore" which just means the best way! Paid by PayPal which is easy enough and got a confirmation through.

Then I got another email from them which according to Google basically said "shipping to your area is extra please pay 6 more Euros shipping". So I just paid that by PayPal to the same company and replied to their email with Google translate to say "I've done it". The package arrived by TNT courier today no problem.

So it's a bit complicated, but basically yes you can order from them - and shipping within europe given the weight is over a kilo is not extortionate.

The products: Shaved with the Extra Super today - and got a great creamy lather (you have to use plenty enough of the soap). If anything it smells more like amaretto than p.160, but somehow it's less artificial and lingers longer. It's consistency is almost exactly in between p.160 duro and morbido. I would say the glide is better than the other italian soaps, but maybe the moisturising is not quite as good as p.160. I'd trade that for what I call a better smell though - the almond smell stays so you can't smell the tallowy smell which is a bit off-putting in the other italian soft soaps.

And the Vitos Crema Pre-Dopobarba - it's like an industrial sized tub of Proraso really, a bit more minty and less eucalyptus, but the same sort of thing and ultra-cooling. I've no idea how I'm going to get through it!

Cheers

Squeezy

PS - hello - first post, but lurked a long time

I just wanted to give an account with how I ordered this from cosmeticishop.it to the UK. I signed up for an account using a lot of Google Translate (I only know a few italian words and extrapolate from other european languages so was a bit out of my depth with the technical stuff needed to sign up - than God for Google translate!)

The kilo brick was 5.50 Euros and I also bought a 500ml tub of the Vitos Crema Pre-Dopobarba for 6 Euros. Shipping was 10 Euros for what they called "La Via Migliore" which just means the best way! Paid by PayPal which is easy enough and got a confirmation through.

Then I got another email from them which according to Google basically said "shipping to your area is extra please pay 6 more Euros shipping". So I just paid that by PayPal to the same company and replied to their email with Google translate to say "I've done it". The package arrived by TNT courier today no problem.

So it's a bit complicated, but basically yes you can order from them - and shipping within europe given the weight is over a kilo is not extortionate.

The products: Shaved with the Extra Super today - and got a great creamy lather (you have to use plenty enough of the soap). If anything it smells more like amaretto than p.160, but somehow it's less artificial and lingers longer. It's consistency is almost exactly in between p.160 duro and morbido. I would say the glide is better than the other italian soaps, but maybe the moisturising is not quite as good as p.160. I'd trade that for what I call a better smell though - the almond smell stays so you can't smell the tallowy smell which is a bit off-putting in the other italian soft soaps.

And the Vitos Crema Pre-Dopobarba - it's like an industrial sized tub of Proraso really, a bit more minty and less eucalyptus, but the same sort of thing and ultra-cooling. I've no idea how I'm going to get through it!

Cheers

Squeezy

PS - hello - first post, but lurked a long time

Excellent first post may I say. I've looked at the website and all I can say is "well done". Even with google translate, I think I'd struggle. Interesting to compare the retail prices in Italy compared to my UK vendor.

Isn't it? That order would have come to 11.50 Euros, less than £10 if we weren't importing it. If those 2 Vitos products were all you used (and I think that's in all our dreams but will never happen because we're the kind of people on this forum) they would last you a good 2-3 years of constant shaving. Even with the 16 euros for shipping it's a bargain for the amount you get.

I just thought of one extra thing in favour of the extra-super (which I believe is much more highly scented than the version in the green and white packet if people are looking for a less almondy soap), it's sweet! I mean, I love marzipan and when I got p.160 foam in my mouth by accident it was a bit of a let down, but this Vitos smells good enough to eat and almost tastes like that too if you get the odd bit in your mouth! I like the scent so I consider that a bonus!

The products: Shaved with the Extra Super today - and got a great creamy lather (you have to use plenty enough of the soap).

It works best for me if I lather on top of the soap. This solves me getting not enough product in my brush, but I use it up faster. But I guess it will still be enough for some 400 shaves :laugh:

Last edited:
Isn't it? That order would have come to 11.50 Euros, less than £10 if we weren't importing it. If those 2 Vitos products were all you used (and I think that's in all our dreams but will never happen because we're the kind of people on this forum) they would last you a good 2-3 years of constant shaving.

I need a bit more of the soap than usual, so I would say the soap will last me about 400 shaves, or a year at most (I shave 8 or 9 times per week).

What a shame that most of the Italian soaps are almond scented. One of the few scents which I particularly dislike in a soap.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
What a shame that most of the Italian soaps are almond scented. One of the few scents which I particularly dislike in a soap.

The Almond scent belongs to the Italian barbershop tradition from time immemorial. This fragrance is a true classic and has always been loved by Italian wet shavers. Me included. :thumbup1:

I love the bitter almond smell. Marzipan is one of my favorite candies.:tongue_sm

I was under the impression that marzipan is made with sweet almond, not bitter almond. At least I ate marzipan in the past, and had no bitter almonds in it.
People shouldn't eat bitter almonds unless they are processed, because they have cyanide, which is a poison.

+1, inexplicable. Is it v.v. cheap?:001_huh: Don't get me wrong, Cella is great, but a bit of variety wouldn't hurt...

They also have mint :laugh:

Top Bottom