What's new

PIF! Morgan Bones Stubby

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Not in, as I don't smoke often enough to give that great PIF and pipe it's due. My advice: Don't smoke the pipe with the bowl opening,

facing down...

I don't have a bones, so I'm in.

Every time you order tobacco or pipes, order some pipe cleaners too. They're cheap and you never appreciate them until you run out.

Embrace the nylon shank brush! They're cleaning machines, and they save on the aforementioned pipe cleaners.

When cleaning pipes, don't have a clear drink in an identical glass as your cleaning Everclear on the same table. Don't ask....

I've already got 3 Bones and a Blackjack, so I'll pass on this great PIF. I can tell you that dollar for dollar, you'll be hard pressed to find a better smoking pipe than a Bones.

This was probably said already, but it bears repeating... if you don't like a blend, throw it in a jar for a year or two and retry it. Between your tastes changing and the tobacco changing, you may end up liking it in the future.

NOT IN, as I have some pipes that haven't been smoked yet, but the winner will have a sweet pipe with the "Bones". Great PIF Micah!:thumbup1:

My tip is if your pipe gets too warm set it down and let it cool, relights are free. Also if you load the bowl too tight and are fighting to enjoy it, dump it out and load it fresh to correct it. A bowl of tobacco is not worth a bad experience.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Great PIF, but not in. I will share two tips. It is easier to correct a pipe that is too loose than too tight, and Mason jars are reusable and cheap- tobacco isn't. Thanks for PIFing.

I'm in.
My piece of advice is tobacco will not get any cheaper than it currently is. Buy early and often...
Need my enabling points...

PS, great PIF Micah!

Not in, just seconding the accolades of an excellent PIF and pipe.

Best suggestion to those starting out is to enjoy yourself and not spend too much time agonizing over the 'right' way to do things. It'll all work itself out, as long as you're having fun/enjoying yourself, you're doing it right.

Not in, but great PIF Micah!
A tip......Be true to your taste buds without worrying that you won't look refined enough regarding your tobacco selections. Enjoy what you enjoy!

I'm in. Don't give up on a tobacco after a bad bowl or two. Sometimes the third or fourth time is the charm. Maybe you need to try it in a different pipe, or worst case scenario, put it in the back of your cabinet to let it age a bit.

Where would I get the brown leaf badge? Can someone leave a link to follow?
Whether I win or not, I think I'll pick up a pipe and try a few blends of tobacco anyway.

Towards the top of the page, near the search bar, is a contribute tab. The BL badge is in there. It's a buck and it will last a lifetime, unless you're a vampire. If that's the case you'll have to renew every 99 years or so.

I'm in. Only been smoking a short time but would suggest like other people here, learn to pack the bowl. That's been my biggest issue, I guess you could call it.

Towards the top of the page, near the search bar, is a contribute tab. The BL badge is in there. It's a buck and it will last a lifetime, unless you're a vampire. If that's the case you'll have to renew every 99 years or so.

Thanks; I will log into my pc soon. I don't see it via Tapatalk.

I have done this when out and it started to lightly rain :lol:

Makes relights easier too!

Micah, I am NOT in, but what a wonderful PIF. I like the cut of your jib! :001_smile

My Tip: When smoking a pipe in public and notice another pipe smoker, strike up a conversation. Some times all it takes is a "Nice pipe. Whatcha smokin'?" And BadaBoom BadaBing, new friendship. Be generous and friendly. We are a small community and it is a great one. Do your part to keep it that way!

I recently met an older English gentleman in Dublin that was visiting a friend. He was at the same cafe as my wife and I. We struck up a conversation and had a great morning. He didn't have a tamper so I gave him my Czech tool. He lives in Protugal and loves Bob's Chocolate Flake. Nice guy.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Wonderful PIF, Micah! I'm not in, though, as I'm doing fine on the Bones front. :001_rolle

My tip is to follow all the advice you see in this thread, but don't overthink anything. It's just smoking a pipe, and folks enjoyed it for thousands of years without B&B and YouTube to get us there. If something isn't working, then do something different--maybe a little different--and see how that turns out. You'll get where you want to be.

In the meantime, load it up, light it up, and live it up.

Wonderful PIF, Micah! I'm not in, though, as I'm doing fine on the Bones front. :001_rolle

My tip is to follow all the advice you see in this thread, but don't overthink anything. It's just smoking a pipe, and folks enjoyed it for thousands of years without B&B and YouTube to get us there. If something isn't working, then do something different--maybe a little different--and see how that turns out. You'll get where you want to be.

In the meantime, load it up, light it up, and live it up.

Words to live by. Well said Doak!

Top Bottom