What's new

PIF: Living Off the Fat of the Lamb

YOU MUST POST IN THE ORDER OF THE FAT THREAD TO BE ELIGIBLE

:a50::a50::a50:The Order of the Fat thread here, is nearing 700 posts. When it hits 1,000 I will use a Random Number Generator to choose a number from one to 1,000.
:spidey:The winner gets one puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap in the ceramic bowl, :taz:one bar of Mitchell's Wool Fat Bath Soap...and, taking advantage of Bullgoose closing out Fatip razors and advancing the cause of the Open Comb and recruiting members of BOTOC... :a47:one Fatip Gold Grande Open Comb Razor.

:scooter:As promised, this PIF is open to everyone CONUS and OUTUS as long as you have posted at The Order of the Fat within the first 1,000 posts. Ideally I would like you to say something and not just "I'm in," but a genuine comment on da Fat or an expressed interest in da Fat, but you will not be penalized for one post just to get in. If you post a lot of nothing just to increase your chances I will remove all but one of your posts from the competition.

:badger:Obviously, regular posters have an advantage, but as Ice Man King Parson's momma used to say, "Sometimes it just be's that way."

There is one other requirement and one exception. If you do not claim your prize within 48 hours, i.e. you must PM me with your mailing address within 48 hours of the announced winner(only PM me if you win), I will choose someone else. I want the prize to go to active B&B members.

Finally, if the winner is the head of the flock, :ouch1::ouch1::ouch1: Riff Raff, he gets another puck, but the bowl of da Fat and razor go to someone else.

I have a bad case of BAD so I will probably throw in some blades, too.

Looking forward to hearing from Fat fans and wannabe fans.

Lanny the Sheep says, "Ready, set, B-A-A-A-A!

Last edited:
I'm in.

As to what I like about the Fat?

It has never given me any trouble lathering.

And more so that any other soap I use, it seems to soften my whiskers so that I feel hardly any pulling from the blade.

I gives an incredibly comfortable shave.

Thanks!

Super great PIF idea! But I am NOT in. Awhile back I bought some MWF... A ceramic bowl with soap and 2 in box pucks. I am up to ny Baaaaackside in the Fat! I love the stuff but I will watch and hope for some deserving soul to win.

I have never understood the "difficult to lather" thing. For me, it produces consistently good lather and it is in steady rotation.

P.S. I am looking to trade puck for puck... Looking for a puck of Tabac. PM me if interested.

I am in for this one. My favorite aspect of the Fat is the often under appreciated smell. It smells clean and fresh to me, very refreshing!

Nice. I've read most of the thread, but as I haven't had the opportunity to try MWF yet I hadn't posted because I felt unqualified and didn't have any new questions to ask. I've posted now and I'll keep checking in.

I'm in, and thanks for the contest! MWF is on my short list, must try something with such a cult following.

I'm in. Updated the Order of the Fat thread.

Great after shave feeling. Nice and smooth.

Last edited:
I'm in! I added to the other thread. I've never tired a lanolin soap so I would be very excited to try it if I won it.

Thanks for your generosity, this is quite the PIF!

Wow! MWF and an OC-two things I've really been wanting to try. I'll have to make an on-topic post in your thread, not just a dumb joke. Very generous of you, Pierce!

Just got a puck and grated it into a nice 4" round tin. Also, have the ceramic dish with puck coming as well. The fat has to be one of my favorite scents of any soap or cream I've tried, much like Tabac but on the opposite end of the scent spectrum.

Not in.

Just got my first puck of MWF (refill as part of a birthday gift; wife says it smells great so I am allowed to get more!) and have yet to try it--saving it for some shave goodness during deployment. As I have a Fatip Grande, I cannot participate in good conscience. Great PIF, though--thank you.

Top Bottom