What's new

PIF Giveaway Game (Round 6) - I miss Christmas!

Jeff, if you sent it Priority, there is an option that doesn't look much different that is Priority - Hold for Pickup. That could be what happened, or Devin's mail carrier is a lazy sod who didn't feel like walking it to the door, or it didn't fit in the box etc.
Don't sweat it!

I do want to share this link with you guys though, since I find it loads easier than dealing with the USPS site. You can use PayPal to print off all your shipping labels even if you haven't done a transaction. You still get the discount, can apply all the options, and you can use any account linked to your PayPal or PayPal funds. It's kind of a secret link, so I'll let you all in on it:

Paypal Ship Now

Just sign into your Paypal account and you'll go straight to the page. Most of us who've ever BST'd know what to do from there :biggrin1:

Don't worry about it Jeff. It's not that big of a deal. If fact, I see two advantages, first the excitement gets prolonged for another day and B, I get a long lunch! :thumbup::a17:

John, you are genius! Until your post above, I had no clue about PayPal ship now. I had looked and looked on the PayPal site to no avail. I finally gave up the ghost and registered at usps.com but usps.com is a bit cumbersome.

Thanks man!

Last edited:
Whoa, Devin! I was about to ask how your long lunch was. But while I was typing, I remembered you're on the West coast - 3 hours earlier than me. It's only 10:30 your time! :laugh:

I have retreaved the box from my friendly neighborhood post office. Now to wait until after work to open it. It may not go out until Thursday beacuse of a long meeting at work tomorrow.

Ok, the box is open. First let me say thank you to Jeff for the very thoughtful extra gift. Now I guess I don't have any excuse for not learning Spencarian. As for the others I have it narrowed down to 3. My daughter has been helping me decide. But to honest, she isn't that much help. Stay tuned, and yes, pictures will be up soon.

Updated Box Status (With picture links)

1. jzuzphreek (LA) - Take#1: Razors, Take#2: Lavender
2. SyntheticEvil13 (MS) - Take#1: Limited Boar Flowers, Take#2: Sandalwood, Bonus: Beignet Mix
3. jbradley (MS) - Take: Nib Goodies, Bonus: Masonic Book
4. AndroiDad75 (MI) - Take#1: Hair, Take#2: Which is Stronger?, Bonus: Cheese Straws
5. CaptainK (MI) - Take#1: SOTD, Take#2: Mission Mythos, Bonus: Sanders Milk Chocolate Hot Fudge Topping
6. lowjax (WI)- Take#1: Chez Plumage, Take#2: Can you handle it?, Bonus: Michigan Cherry Preserves
7. DevinLT1966 (WA)
8. Boro62 (CA)
9. Hinano_Paul (CA)
10. MattDeNicola (CA)
11. cyberJCM (CA)
12. sullybob (TX)
13. cpacamper (FL)
14. TheVez2 (FL)

To Be Continued...

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to help with the link, David! It's made my shipping life so much easier!

Devin-ator! (Sorry, one of my HS best friends was named Devin, so i couldnt help it, hehe) Can't wait to see what you end up with! Though I had no idea what you were talking about with the Spencer thing... Thank you Google! You Nib guys, I swear! :wink2:

Any of you CA guys going to do a handoff? I know some of you live closer to each other than the post office, LOL.

I think Paul and Matt are pretty close. I'm a ways south east of them though, maybe an hour+. Plus, I don't drive so that makes it even tougher. But no worries!

According to google maps:

Boro62 to
Hinano_Paul = 43 min
Hinano_Paul to MattDeNicola = 10 min
MattDeNicola to cyberJCM = 64 min

John-ster, (sorry couldn't help myself) (I keep thinking of that old SNL skit with Jon Lovett)thanks for the Pay-Pal postage link. It worked like a charm.
The box will go out tomorrow and Boris should have it by the weekend.
The tracking number is: 9405 5096 9993 7516 0703 29
I'm not going to be able to get pictures up tonight, so everyone has to wait for tomorrow.

I think he is just making me wait since he had to wait an extra day because of needing the signature for the box.

OK, you all have waited long enough. I have to say it was hard to decide. But here it goes.
First I went with Pokey or Pointy.
$IMG_1304.jpg$IMG_1307.jpg
It wasn't too far off of what I thought. A .50 caliber bottle opener, a small pocket knife, and a Ka-Bar hunting knife. SWIMBO even commented on how nice the knife was...:confused1

The second was Stinger. This had both my daughter and I stumped until I had a peek inside.
$IMG_1306.jpg$IMG_1308.jpg
Inside was a selection of Bert's Bees manly stuff, soap, body wash, and shaving cream. Also a Shick injector with new blades, and a bottle of Witch Hazel (which happens to be one of my favorite Looney Tunes characters). Believe it or not I have never tried Witch Hazel until this morning. It was really nice and less sting than Captains Bay Rum. I also tried the shaving cream this morning. It really didn't lather, but it was very slick and gave a nice close shave. I think it will be really good on my summer camping trip.

Jeff was very generous in the extra gift. A little birdie must have told him that I had my eye on a set of Spencerian Penmanship lesson books. I can't wait to get started and will be sure to post my progress over in the Nib. He also included a book of different types of fonts. I figure between those two and the copperplate that I have already started I should have everything mastered by the time I'm 85.
$IMG_1309.jpg

I wanted to say thank you to everyone. The more I hang out here and see the generosity, camaraderie, and good natured ribbing the more I realize how unique B&B really is.

Top Bottom