What's new

PIF Giveaway Game (Round 6) - I miss Christmas!

I'm late! I'm late! For a very important box!

Relax, gents. The box has landed, and is in hand. Further updates as they become available!

I'm late! I'm late! For a very important box!
Hey Captain! You'd better hurry up. Mr. Green Jeans is eyeing your box!

proxy.php

That brings back so many memories.

Me too. My only real memories of Captain Kangaroo are some of my earliest. I was 3 or 4, up very early, like between 5-6am. I went to the cupboard, grabbed the peanut butter and a spoon, and sat down in front of the TV and watched Captain Kangaroo. It's crazy to me I remember it that well! It's also crazy to me that at that age, I could do all that. My 3yr old couldn't, my 6yr old wouldn't even try lol

It's also crazy to me that at that age, I could do all that. My 3yr old couldn't, my 6yr old wouldn't even try lol
Those were definitely different times. Makes me sad knowing my kids don't get to experience many of the things that to me are huge memories and what made being a kid fun.

Those were definitely different times. Makes me sad knowing my kids don't get to experience many of the things that to me are huge memories and what made being a kid fun.

In some ways I agree, but as a kid I never had the ability to binge watch Start Trek on Netflix WITHOUT COMMERCIALS!:thumbup:

Well, gents ... you've all been very patient. I've had a very busy weekend, so I appreciate that.

Now, to get the box rolling ...

Here are the 2 packages that I chose:

full

full

In the first package: a SOTD Digital Photo Package! This includes a light tent, 4 colored backdrops and a white balance card:

full

full

full

Which, as you can see from my photography skills, I'm in desperate need of! :001_smile The tent may look a bit out-of-shape after I've tried, to no avail, to fold it back up to put it in its case, but I'll remedy that. I've always wanted a light tent so I can take decent photos of shaving gear, so thanks! Now, I just need to learn to use it, and to take my photography to the next level. Can't wait!

And, the Mission Mythos package:

full

OMG - RazoRock Son of Zeus! This stuff is just plain awesome!

(See that nifty red background in the pic above?! Cool! The light still isn't quite right - insufficient light, methinks, made this pic a little grainy. I've got to get myself some photo lamps.)

I used the SoZ this morning, and it's a fantastic performer:

full

Yes, my lather looks a bit thin on my brush - I'm more used to using hard soaps rather than soft soaps. But, I face lathered it to a rich, thick lather that performed magnificently. And the scent is just awesome! I'm not the best at describing scents ... woodsy (pine, maybe?) ... and citrus (orange, maybe?) ... well, while I can't describe it well, I certainly can enjoy it - and I do!

And, that L'Orange Noir aftershave? It's the perfect pairing! Two peas in a pod - the 2 scents have so much in common, it's like they were made for each other. Awesome! I've never heard of L'Orange Noir before (or any of the Fine brand of aftershaves, for that matter), but I'm glad I have now.

I haven't used the RazoRock razor yet, but will soon. What an awesome gift - thanks! :thumbup:

And, last but not least - my bonus gift:

full

Sanders Milk Chocolate Hot Fudge Topping! :w00t: Boy, Rob, you hit it outta the park with that one!

Sanders Chocolates started in 1875 in SE Michigan where I grew up, and Sanders was a big part of my childhood. I *love* their "bumpy cakes!" Now that I'm in West Michigan, Sanders products are hard to find. Here are some fun facts about the company. (Did you know that Henry Ford worked for Sanders before starting Ford Motor Co.?) This is such an excellent bonus gift - thanks Rob!

Thanks again to KJ for getting this going, and to everyone who is part of this fantastic PIF! Hopefully, the box will be on its way by tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and a few words about the box:

First, the wrapping on one of the packages was pretty badly torn. I did not look in the package, nor is it one of the packages I chose. I immediately had my wife re-wrap the package, leaving the original wrapping paper intact (so even she never had a look inside), adding a second complete wrapping. We then copied the package hint to the outside of the new wrapping.

Second, after adding my 2 gifts, the USPS Large Flat Rate box (12" x 12" x 5.5") was not large enough. I moved everything into a plain 14" x 14" x 8" box. For me, I actually expect the cost to mail this box will actually be cheaper than the flat rate box, due to weight and distance.

The Large Flat Rate costs $17.45 if you pay at the post office, or $15.80 if you purchase and print the shipping label yourself online. This is regardless of weight or distance. I haven't weighed it yet, but I'm guessing the box will check in at about 10 lbs. Sending a 10 lb. Priority Mail package from me to the next destination should run about $12 at the post office, or $9 online.

The Flat Rate box may be the less expensive option when the box has to head to the West coast. I highly suggest using the Postage Price Calculator on USPS.com to check out your options when deciding how to package things up when it's your time to ship it to the next participant. If you need another Flat Rate box, they're free from the post office.

What fantastic gifts!! Wow! Guys are really going all out with their additions! I can't wait to see your future SOTDs Captain!

The Fine Aftershave & The Son of Zeus are both based on the scent of Terre D'Hermes - which is a great scent. :thumbup:

I'm glad the Sanders is something you will enjoy. They make the BEST bumpy cakes. I tried to talk my little guy into having that as his birthday cake this last weekend :lol:

Whoo-hoo. I'm next! Can't wait to see the presents. I really can't wait to see what the following people think when they open my presents.

Some good stuff there, CaptainK.

My father worked at Sanders for years, and I remember as a boy going through the bakery plant seeing how the bumpy cakes and various candies were made. Enjoy!

Top Bottom