What's new

Pass-Around! Two Modded GD Razors and a Pasted Balsa Strop

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Oh I hope you mean .1u not .01u. But okay cool. You are excused from the passaround, then.
First shave this morning with The Master’s blade. First of all - beautiful work! The edge was great and the shave excellent. I most often use 5/8 and 4/8 razors but I managed to navigate my face quite well and the point on the blade made getting around the nostrils easy. I have to say, this was not your typical GD66 shave - completely different razor. Easy to shave with the spine close. A huge realization for me is knowing that I have The Method down! I get such a kick out of treetopping, my arms are virtually hairless. Thanks @Slash McCoy

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
First shave this morning with The Master’s blade. First of all - beautiful work! The edge was great and the shave excellent. I most often use 5/8 and 4/8 razors but I managed to navigate my face quite well and the point on the blade made getting around the nostrils easy. I have to say, this was not your typical GD66 shave - completely different razor. Easy to shave with the spine close. A huge realization for me is knowing that I have The Method down! I get such a kick out of treetopping, my arms are virtually hairless. Thanks @Slash McCoy

Still got leg and chest hair, right? Shoulder hair, maybe? Once that's all treetopped you might have to switch to HHT. I just went to a beauty supply shop and bought a pack of hair just for that. Haven't tried it yet. Still stubbornly trying to clip .001" tips off already treetopped hair. Old habits die hard. Don't forget, 50 laps on balsa after each shave. Keep them nice and sharp for the next guy.

I have really grown to love that style of point. Everything I make now has that style point. It is delicate and will break dreadfully easily but it does nice detail work, feels right, and looks right on a thumb notched razor.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Can I be added to the pass around?

From the opening post:

"To be put on the list, please already have at least one straight razor and at least 10 successful shaves with it, and at least 50 posts, and a CONUS mail address. Put "Put Me On The List" prominently in your post."

If that sounds like you, type the magic words and you are in. The last guy to have it before you will PM you for your address, and send it to you. You keep it for a week or two, then PM the next guy after you for his shipping info, then send it to him. It keeps going until nobody else is interested. Then probably we will see about getting it to UK or EU for more international passaround fun.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Still got leg and chest hair, right? Shoulder hair, maybe? Once that's all treetopped you might have to switch to HHT. I just went to a beauty supply shop and bought a pack of hair just for that. Haven't tried it yet. Still stubbornly trying to clip .001" tips off already treetopped hair. Old habits die hard. Don't forget, 50 laps on balsa after each shave. Keep them nice and sharp for the next guy.

I have really grown to love that style of point. Everything I make now has that style point. It is delicate and will break dreadfully easily but it does nice detail work, feels right, and looks right on a thumb notched razor.
I use hair from a cheap badger brush when I’m honing. I didn’t know you could buy real hair. My arm hair is so fine that when it treetops I’m zeroed in big time! I didn’t use to like those points but I ain’t asceered no more. And, I forget to zip my fly now and again but I never forget the balsa so they will stay sharp.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
1D141F6E-1CF3-4608-8856-97E542D559CC.jpeg
I use the hanging cat hair test.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Shaved with the white scaled razor with the shorter blade this morning. Fine shave actually better than yesterday as I generally shave with smaller blades, 4/8 & 5/8 so the 13/16 required a bit of adjustment. The rest of you guys are in for a sharpness treat coming your way to an sink near you.

Dang it! I keep looking at this thread and I keep telling myself I don't need to do it, but.... Put Me On The List! I should have done it sooner, then @MilkCrate and I probably could have just met up and swapped the box over. Then again, idk how far I live from the "Republic of Texas" :001_302: I'm in no hurry though.

Can we get some pics of these razors please? Great pass around idea @Slash McCoy

Last edited:

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I got to go back to my ship Monday so everybody just pass it along down the list. Enjoy!

Dang it! I keep looking at this thread and I keep telling myself I don't need to do it, but.... Put Me On The List! I should have done it sooner, then @MilkCrate and I probably could have just met up and swapped the box over. Then again, idk how far I live from the "Republic of Texas" :001_302: I'm in no hurry though.

Can we get some pics of these razors please? Great pass around idea @Slash McCoy

I’m about 35 miles southeast of Dallas.

Razors should be here in a few days :001_tt2:

Top Bottom