What's new

Participation PIF - An Old Friend Returns

Schick Blade #2, Shave #12

Razor: Yaqi DOC
Blade: Schick
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: La Toja
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro Boost

I’ve used this setup for 8 days in a row while on vacation. I think there is more life in the blade, but I may take a couple of days off and use another Adventure blade.

Old topic, old blade, first shave ;-)

Still had 1 of these blades lying around, so put it in my RR GC today and had another great shave.

sotd 9-1-2023

Skipped the weekend, so it was about time to have a decent shave! This razor requires less pressure than the Blackbird Lite I used all of last week!

Razorock Game Changer 0.84-P
Schick Super Stainless (vintage) (1st)
Omega 10049
Speick Men Active
Speick Men AS
Balea Sensitive ASB

proxy.php

2 sotd's, I only had time today to take pics and post

13-1 (birthday shave):

Blackland Blackbird Lite SS
Schick Super stainless (2)
Mühle Silver Tip Fibre
Tabac soap, ASB and AS

proxy.php

14-1

Blackland Blackbird Lite SS
Schick Super stainless (3)
Omega 10049
Stirling Sheep
Balea ASB
Calvin Klein Man edt

proxy.php

Blade number three Edison

I previously had shaved for four weeks with the timor blades. So the contrast stood out. The Eddison blades are much sharper and last longer. I was able to use the third blade for 11 shaves. on to the negatives. I did have a couple of nicks so you have to be more cautious with the sharper blade. Perhaps previously using Timor blades, was used to using more pressure.

I’m very fond of the Eddison blades. They have the sharpness and longevity alike. I use my favorite razor the Lupo 95 closed comb and my favorite, soap Poroso green with my favorite brush, the tuxedo, synthetic nut and finished with my favorite witch hazel the thayers rose scented.

The Eddison blades are excellent. In my opinion I would recommend them. I also recommend the Lupo 95, and obviously Proraso and thayers. Two favorites in the wet shaving community.

Last edited:
sotd 16-1

Today I luckily had another splendid shave. Yesterday I struggled a bit with the Personna injector blade on it's 1st shave, today everything worked out beautifully again. I am getting the hang of the Speick soap from the bowl too, where I first thought I liked the stick better. Great stuff.

Blackland Blackbird SS Lite
Schick Super Stainless Steel (4)
Razorock Plissoft
Speick Men Active soap
Speick Men AS
Balea Sensitive ASB

proxy.php

Top Bottom