What's new

Participation PIF - An Old Friend Returns

Blade #1, shave 7
RazoRock Game Changer 84 OC w/super knurl handle, Wee Scot, La Toja shave stick

I needed to try the La Toja with the king of brushes, just to make sure it was definitely an issue isolated to the Timberwolf synthetic and I am pleased to report that the Wee Scot delivered huge clouds of luxurious lather, as per usual. So going forward I just don't use my synthetic with this soap. Weird quirk, but the evidence is clear!

In the Game Changer 84 OC, this blade felt almost identical to how it felt in the Lupo 95 OC, it just took an extra pass to get to the same place. Normally I might count that as a mark against the combo, but in all honesty, when the shave is this comfortable.. it's really just an excuse to enjoy it a bit more, heh.

Blade 2 shave 7

Seaforth Heather soap
Omega 10049 boar brush
1960 Gillette 195 Adjustable razor (Fatboy)
vintage Schick Krona razor blade (7)
Bootlegger’s Arctic Lime Blast aftershave

3CEDAFAB-0B9C-446D-9BAD-3ACDF354B50F.jpeg

Father's Day (in Brazil) shaving.

Gillette Slim at #8 level
Schick Stainless Steel vintage blade maybe 4th shave.
Stirling Ramblin' Man soap and after shave balm
Simpson Trafalgar T2 syntethic brush

Great razor and great blade but I found out them didn't paired that well to my face ( a little below than stellar that I was expecting)

Very good shave 9 anyway
20220814_090032.jpg

Blade #2, shave #10

20220814_192148-01.jpeg

No detailed notes today. Just an effortless shave with the Rocca, two passes on the face and three on the neck. I likely could have avoided the third pass on the neck with a fresh blade, since the Rocca shaves quite effectively. Binned the Schick today, ten shaves with the blade were enough. DFS+.

Onward to blade #3, my final blade.

Enjoy your Sunday, y'all!

Blade #3, shave #1

20220815_100520-01-01.jpeg

Time has come to start shaving with my final Schick blade. The fresh blade truly made a significant difference today:
DFS+ in two passes. A nice, efficient shave, just easy on the skin. And I really enjoyed WSP Olympus today. That’s some pretty good stuff.👍

Onward to shave #2.
Happy shaves!

Blade #1, shave 8
RazoRock Game Changer 84 OC w/super knurl handle, Wee Scot, Stirling Varen

The wife was out, so there was no one around to stop me from unleashing the Varen! Love this stuff.

Kept the shave light with only three passes, and this blade just continues to deliver the joy. I've caught myself searching for this brand on ebay twice now, lol.

For my next pair of shaves I'm going to drop it from the 84 OC down to the 68 SB in the Game Changer, and swap over to the barber pole handle, just for fun.

Blade #1, shave 9
RazoRock Game Changer 68 SB w/barber pole handle, Wee Scot, Canada Shaving Soap

Smooth as silk.

On the shave anyways.. this combo left a little behind in the trouble spots, but otherwise performed as well as was expected. A little better even, perhaps. Certainly could only barely feel the blade in this razor.

Blade #1, shave 10
RazoRock Game Changer 68 SB w/barber pole handle, Wee Scot, Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica

Honestly, exactly the same as the last shave, except it smelled better, heh. This is blade is so consistent that I don't have interesting things to write about it on back to back shaves!

Next stop, Lupo 72 SB on the super knurl handle.

Vintage Schick Super Stainless w/Krona Comfort Edge, Blade #1, Edge #2, Shave #20 (44 Overall)

Associated gear:
Yates 921-M
Omega Jade Boar Brush
Dr. Jon's 1803

OK, I'm back to the Schick after finishing Shark Week and it's leftovers.

Today's shave was DFS after 3 passes, BBS after some clean-up buffing.
No nicks, weepers or post-shave irritation, no drama of any kind.
It just felt like sitting down for a brew across from an Old Friend.

One blade, Two blade edges, 20 razors, 44 shaves and counting again.

Blade # 3 ■ Shave # 3

20220828_172815-01.jpeg

Sunday shave. I whipped up a perfectly hydrated lather and off I went. Unfortunately the Schick blade wasn’t a perfect match for this razor. The Yaqi Top Aggressive Double Open Comb Slant needs a sharp(er) blade for playing to its strength. She shines with a Feather or a BIC Platinum Chrome. Not the case today. The combo didn't appear to be efficient. But at least I ended up without pink lather. Nice sting from the AS. So overall, it's not been a bad shave. DFS.

Enjoy your Sunday, y'all!

Last edited:
Vintage Schick Super Stainless w/Krona Comfort Edge, Blade #1, Edge #2, Shave #21 (45 Overall)

Associated gear:

Yates 921-M
Semogue 740HD
Dr. Jon's 1803

Sorry, I forgot to post this following yesterday's shave.
Yesterday's shave was DFS after 3 passes, BBS after some clean-up buffing.

One blade, Two blade edges, 20 razors, 45 shaves and counting again.

Last edited:
Vintage Schick Super Stainless w/Krona Comfort Edge, Blade #1, Edge #2, Shave #22 (46 Overall)

Associated gear:

Yates 921-M
Semogue 740HD
What the Puck Green

More buffing was required than on previous shaves.
This blade might be nearing the end.

One blade, Two blade edges, 20 razors, 46 shaves and counting.

Vintage Schick Super Stainless w/Krona Comfort Edge, Blade #1, Edge #2, Shave #23 (47 Overall)

Associated gear:

Yates 921-M
Omega Jade
What the Puck Green

(Copied from yesterday 'cause the shave was the same.)

More buffing was required than on previous shaves.

One blade, Two blade edges, 20 razors, 47 shaves and counting.
My previous record with a single blade was 48 shaves with a German Wilkinson Sword.
Will this blade break that record? Stay tuned! No shave tomorrow.

Top Bottom