What's new

Participation PIF - A Very Mysteree-X Shave

MystereeX 2nd use
Head and face
Face: Gillette Aristocrat adjustable #5,6
Commodore 2xl
Art of Shaving Neroli cream
Just a bit rough first 2 strokes then OK, no drama, it was an OK shave. Used alum (rare for me) and no stinging. Medicated Witch. Trader Joes Antioxidant cream.
Head: Gillette Goodwill with a Tuckaway handle (that's how it came). 2+ passes, the first was not that good but the en results were fine.
Used Fitjar soap ,same brush.
Same AS
This blade is OK, not the sharpest nor the smoothest, BUT it's usable, gives me good shaves (I am a bit picky with blades).....maybe one duo shave more.....; both of todays razors are new to me (I have similar ones....but this was #1 use of one and #2 the other). I do like Goodwill, a lot.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
How much is she getting in the divorce? 🤔

I am sure it will be difficult decision, I would just choose deception. For her own good... :devil:
Might be time to build a "garden shed," with running water.
We are SERIOUSLY considering an outdoor kitchen for the summer my friend!

Then the next thing ya know, ol' FarmerTan has a reality/cooking/gardening show, and y'all will be PAYING for this entertaining banter!

Here I come Hollywood!

IMG_0191_1199x900.jpg

Eleventh shave with the Personna X-Series (Platinum Coated) blade #1

Razor
: Fatip Lo Storto Originale (aka FOCS)
Brush: Yaqi Purple (24mm Mink)
Soap: RazoRock Blue Label

A very slight decline in shave quality.

Although today's outing was top-notch, it wasn't quite as smooth as yesterday's. Apparently, that was the peak of this X-Series blade's performance.

In particular, the WTG pass didn't feel quite as smooth and it felt like I was expending more energy on completing my passes, overall. I also spent more time buffing than normal, however it was nothing like the extremely heavy buffing that I required on May 3 (when I experienced the only noteworthy instance of post-shave irritation from this blade, so far).

Regardless, I managed a fairly quick and easy BBS, today, and I think that this blade still has a lot more life in it.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Personna Mysteree X shave#18
IMG_20220502_132214.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Personna Mysteree X(18)
Soap: Palmolive Classic Cream
Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice

Tonight I was back to the Palmolive cream and I must say after SV Desert Vetiver the Personna blade was definitely tuggy. The difference between top tier and lower tier soaps is very noticeable when you are longevity testing a blade. Although I did manage a DFS today the shave quality is declining, but I will keep going for now, I hope I can break 20 shaves. I may have to break out something slicker so the MWF or Tabac may have to make an appearance

Personna 'X' Series Mysterree Blade - Shave 7

Razor: Fatip Piccolo Mk2
Blade: Personna 'X' Series
Soap: Palmolive Classic
Brush: A cheap but excellent Ever-Ready clone, probably boar
IMG_20220507_195024964.jpg

Paired the Personna with the superb Piccolo tonight to clear a 3 day growth.

A clinically efficient 3 passer, so good I slowed up drastically to take it in. Was sorely tempted to do a 4th pass just for jollies, but contented myself with cleanups of illusionary stray whiskers.

The blade is performing beautifully, with just that great balance of edge and smoothness, which I have always found on Personnas. This one is no exception. I imagine this blade was more a lower tier 'Saloon' offering, like the Indian GWS, but it is doing the family name proud.

I would like to take this blade to 20 shaves. It is still a youngster in my estimation.

A smooth, smooth result. Nice.

55F4A94D-0F8D-4AFF-B1D3-6B562CF54045.jpeg

Personna X-Series #2, shave #2
1.5 days growth
Preshave: hot shower
Cream: Cremo
Razor: Lupo 58
Aftershave: alum, Nancy Boy replenishing gel

I've been getting lots of mustache weepers the past few shaves, so I was going to skip ATG there to go easy on that area, and what do I do? I cut myself WTG going over a bump under my right nostril. Happily, it stopped bleeding by the time I was done, I used to even cut myself there with my cartridge sometimes, and that always used to bleed like crazy.

Anyway, still very little tugging despite having more blade feel with the Lupo than the Henson. I tried a little bit more than last time to get my neck smooth, but didn't go overboard with buffing. I was more working on technique with the new razor than chasing BBS. It's a late night shave today, who needs BBS if I'm going right to bed anyway? I thought I actually did pretty well, and it's still a DFS, but feeling my face and neck now I missed more than I thought. I got a couple tiny weepers for my troubles too, and the alum feedback makes me think a sharper blade like the Rapira (Mysteree blade #1) would have punished me with several more. Feeling some irritation under my jawlines too. Definitely have room for improvement.

5.50/10

View attachment 1452298

Personna X-Series #2, shave #2
1.5 days growth
Preshave: hot shower
Cream: Cremo
Razor: Lupo 58
Aftershave: alum, Nancy Boy replenishing gel

I've been getting lots of mustache weepers the past few shaves, so I was going to skip ATG there to go easy on that area, and what do I do? I cut myself WTG going over a bump under my right nostril. Happily, it stopped bleeding by the time I was done, I used to even cut myself there with my cartridge sometimes, and that always used to bleed like crazy.

Anyway, still very little tugging despite having more blade feel with the Lupo than the Henson. I tried a little bit more than last time to get my neck smooth, but didn't go overboard with buffing. I was more working on technique with the new razor than chasing BBS. It's a late night shave today, who needs BBS if I'm going right to bed anyway? I thought I actually did pretty well, and it's still a DFS, but feeling my face and neck now I missed more than I thought. I got a couple tiny weepers for my troubles too, and the alum feedback makes me think a sharper blade like the Rapira (Mysteree blade #1) would have punished me with several more. Feeling some irritation under my jawlines too. Definitely have room for improvement.

5.50/10
Just keep going @T Bone, have faith in your growing abilities, persevere, and all will be well my friend.

Mysteree blade #1, Shave #2

Blade: Treet Durasharp (yellow wrapper)
Razor: Henson AL13
Cream: Proraso Green
Brush: Cheap no-name off of Amazon
Aftershave: AV Ice Blue

Another drama-free shave that just mowed right through the stubble. Again, I've struggled to find this with many other blades. Some have been sharp and not smooth, some have been smooth but less sharp, but this blade seems to work very well for my face and is sharp and smooth. Very nice.

Top Bottom