What's new

On Expensive Razors . . .

Some days i am proud to be a complete cheapskate scrooge

But as i always say

You earned it you spend it whatever way you want

PS

If any lonely rich widows happen to read this - contact me as i am in the market for very expensive razors,car,clothes etc etc etc
As always Caveat emptor...

Some days i am proud to be a complete cheapskate scrooge

But as i always say

You earned it you spend it whatever way you want

PS

If any lonely rich widows happen to read this - contact me as i am in the market for very expensive razors,car,clothes etc etc etc
As always Caveat emptor...

There's beauty in frugality as well as in spending money on something you find valuable.

I suppose you could spend $50.00 for a toothpick, but I wouldn't brag about it.
Actually, I have spent $50 on a toothpick. Well, at least on the SAK it's part of...

Victorinox Swiss Army Mountaineer Pocket Knife.png

I’ve resolved to not criticize others for ridiculous, absurd, even truly stupid spending choices and I stand by it.
You may have missed the mark 🤣. Knowing that you had a law practice, I am reading this as humour!!

I think to keep your resolution it would have read:

I’ve resolved to not criticize others for their spending choices and I stand by it.

You cannot (perhaps shouldn't is a better term) confuse value and price. Knowing the difference is where the idea of "priceless" originates. I just recently acquired a Carbon Shaving Cx-Mokume (more $$ than Tedalus) that I "value" less than the Tedalus - but that is a gestalt perspective. The utility of the Tedalus versus the beauty of the Mokume. If for some reason I had to quit shaving (maybe ALS), that relationship would then flip. Likewise, from a different perspective, in different situations, I can value my $65 Everyday Shaving Stinger as much as the Tedalus (as a travel razor). If I was told I could only use one razor for the rest of my life, it would likely be My Merkur Futur or Yaqi Ultima Adjustable. If the SHTF, I've put my 3d printed DE in my go bag (and a round of Glyce, 50 Dorco Titans - always look good :cool: ).
Mokume.jpg

Last edited:

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I totally agree. I'm too old for a sports car - and I couldn't get in or out without a winch - but there is plenty to like about a beautiful Lambroghini! I've been driving my Audi A6 (family sedan makes more sense for me) for 9 years now and it still brings me a bit of joy every time I get in.
Got to test drive a Lambo circa 1970 at Vasek Polok. Uncomfortable, noisy, and never got out of second in city traffic. I still admire supercars but would not have one even if I had immense wealth. A neighbor drives a Lambo SUV. It lacks the visual allure of a Countach, even if it is more practical. My 2008 Mini S convertible still tics all my automotive boxes.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Got to test drive a Lambo circa 1970 at Vasek Polok. Uncomfortable, noisy, and never got out of second in city traffic. I still admire supercars but would not have one even if I had immense wealth. A neighbor drives a Lambo SUV. It lacks the visual allure of a Countach, even if it is more practical. My 2008 Mini S convertible still tics all my automotive boxes.
Excellent - I feel better now.

Top Bottom