What's new

Omega Premium Boar

I just ordered a Proraso Pro boar. Hope I like it better than the Semogue 830 I have now. I'm really trying to make boars work for me. Got a Chubby 2 Best coming just in case.

I like boars for bowl-lathering but when it comes to face-lathering, I much prefer a synthetic. To me the performance is worlds apart.

I too love my syth and badgers. I just can't seem to make my boar work. Guess now it's just a personal quest.

I find a boar works great for bowl-lathering but when it comes to face-lathering, neither a boar or badger seems hold enough lather to make 2 or 3 passes. I can only do that with a synthetic.

I just shaved using my proraso pro again for the fourth time. Lost one hair so far, I think it's safe to say it's a great brush!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
@Chan Eil Whiskers the mighty midget I have a question about it. It has an ivory handle I know that because I looked it up on the cannaught website! The bristles when it says pure what does it mean?

The handle is ivory colored plastic. Not a bad handle at all in my view, but it's the usual Omega handle whereas the Jade Premium is a premium handle. Both knots are excellent.

What's pure mean?

proxy.php

He's not happy about it, but...

Pure pig bristles! It's a very stiff knot for such a little brush, the Mighty Midget is. It takes a bit of breaking in. However, it is a remarkable brush particularly for its size. I like using it. O-rings improve the handle and look way cool and a bit unusual.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I find a boar works great for bowl-lathering but when it comes to face-lathering, neither a boar or badger seems hold enough lather to make 2 or 3 passes. I can only do that with a synthetic.

Two.Zenith.Manchurians.1-5-19.480..jpg

As I face latherer I don't care how many times I have to revisit the puck, but usually I don't have to. I tend to use large brushes.

I care about the brush loading easily, building a lather nicely on my beard, being soft on my skin while being also scrubby with a lot of backbone.

If I could keep just one brush it would be a Zenith Manchurian.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Is the copper handled one a Manchurain too?

Oh, yes, indeed. Absolutely. It's not just a Manchurian. It is THE Manchurian.

My favorite of all brushes. I say that because of the knot. I like the handle okay, but it's not my favorite handle. Still, even with a handle that isn't my favorite the knot is so great that I consider the copper handled Zenith Manchurian my very favorite brush.

It's only slightly bigger than the the other Manchurian. I love the wooden handled brush too.

Happy shaves,

Jim

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Those are pretty. When I get a thick black hair in a boar (like in the left of your pic), I use a pair of nail clippers to chop it down as far as I can, without forcing the knot hairs apart. I find those hairs can be quite pokey.

Would it not make sense to call this post a good one? And wait for my omega boar 011842 on a separate post when I get it!
Thread drift is a way of life around here, most of us are too old to remember what the hell we were talking about anyway. It's all good.

The only reason I have extra free time on my hands is due to being snowed in where i live, can't get the car out of my garage for a long while. Sudbury Ontario. The weather here is crazy!

Top Bottom