Omega Premium Boar

Discussion in 'Shaving Brushes' started by Macfrommichigan, Jan 22, 2019.

From what I've seen, Connaught has the exclusive on that particular brush. I do believe their shipping to the states is sometimes cheaper and quicker than some shippers here in the states though. They have an extremely high customer service rating both here and abroad...

1. Connaught to Michigan takes about 9 days, per my experience.

2. Uncas

Uncas Contributor

Connaught prices, shipping rates and service are excellent. I keep them bookmarked and check them often.

3. I am ordering in 2 weeks or so. Need to pay a bill. If it's still available or until they get more in stock!

4. I don't know why there isn't a jade color handle (badger silvertip) that is like the omega 011842 handle. I think that would be a neat idea.

5. Uncas

Uncas Contributor

Omega 6209, 6210, 6217. Maggard Razors.

6. Omega 6210 sounds like a bargain. I never new when looked at maggard razors. It's the silvertip model. All 3 are nice!

7. Uncas

Uncas Contributor

Omega silvertip badgers tend to be a little softer than say Simpsons or Thater et al. They bloom easily and load and release lather nicely. The flow thru is better than most of my more expensive brushes. I enjoy mine and feel they offer a lot of quality for the price.

8. shave/brush

shave/brush Contributor

I second this. The B&B anniversary boar from WCS is a terrific brush and the price is not bad at $40.
    ATT_bowl.JPG

9. Uncas

Uncas Contributor

That is a lovely brush! Your photo does it more justice than the ones on the website.

10. Uncas

Uncas Contributor

Ya made me do it, you're a bad enabler Ron!!

11. shave/brush

shave/brush Contributor

You won't be sorry. It is a premium brush with premium bristles.

12. rockviper

rockviper Moderator Emeritus

I have two of those: the black'n'gold 10th anniversary edition and the pink Sue edition. Simply put, THE best knot I have ever used.

13. Uncas

Uncas Contributor

I'm an Omega fanboy so this is right in my wheelhouse.

14. shave/brush

shave/brush Contributor

See Uncas, I didn't stir you wrong. This gentleman knows a good knot when he sees one.

15. Uncas

Uncas Contributor

You and I share many of the same brushes my friend. I'm easily steered in the direction of another great brush. I'm going through a boar revival right now anyway, I've gotten out some neglected favorites and a few lather bowls, and am having more fun than a kid making mud pies.

16. shave/brush

shave/brush Contributor

I've done the same thing. About 3 years ago I gave away all the boar brushes I had because I thought I was all done using boars. Since then I bought 3 premium boars and I enjoy using them to bowl lather as you do.
    It's nice to mix things up once in awhile.

17. When I get my next badger it has to be something special. Price is not a factor.

18. I really like Simpson 50 series!

19. Uncas

Uncas Contributor

Big J can help you out there, they are among his favorites.