Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

Discussion in 'The Clubhouse' started by August West, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Intrigued

Intrigued Contributor

Various stretches worked in with 3 cycle of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks. [​IMG]

15,000+ steps................ [​IMG]

2. MurderousCrow

MurderousCrow Contributor

Partly through necessity I've had to move away from the barbell lifts of late. Been doing a simple daily kettlebell routine for last 4 weeks or so. Just 12 min of work (1 minute on, 30s rest) doing an alternating routine, has resulted in surprisingly large improvements in strength, CV fitness and mobility too. Dieting to address body composition before the summer gets under way too... Great to know that gains of sorts can be made while cutting body fat.

Luke

3. Elliptical trainer today

4. Chan Eil Whiskers

Chan Eil Whiskers Contributor Ambassador

Which movement? Just curious.

I've done lots of stuff over the decades. It's not that Shovelglove is terribly easy unless you're already in very good shape, but it sure gives you a huge bang for the buck (in terms of money invested in it and, more importantly, in terms of time invested in it). Anyone doing it for not very long will see how much their body transforms. As they say, it makes you "country strong."

Aside from all that, it's Saturday which means I don't do Shovelglove and get to be lazy even for that 14 minutes, so here I am when one a workday I'd be doing my "chores" with a hammer about now.

Happy shaves,

Jim

5. Full body weight workout. Down 22 pounds in 2 months. I have gone from a 38 waist to a 34.

6. Well done.

7. Walk/run 2 miles.

8. Intrigued

Intrigued Contributor

Mowed lawn... [​IMG]

9. Two 21 minute cardio sessions on the bike today, before work and after. Low to moderate intensity workouts.

10. Weights today: chest and core focus

11. Back to high intensity on the bike today.

Screenshot_20190505-130149_1.jpg Screenshot_20190505-140217_1.jpg Screenshot_20190505-130317_1.jpg Screenshot_20190505-130120_1.jpg

12. Thank you Chandu.

13. Intrigued

Intrigued Contributor

112,000+ steps (52 miles) for the week.

14. Elliptical trainer today

15. Low to moderate cardio on the bike today.

16. Pilates, stretches and mild TRX workout.

17. Intrigued

Intrigued Contributor

Various stretches worked in with 3 cycle of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks. [​IMG]

16,000+ steps................ [​IMG]

18. Weights today: lower body and core focus

19. Intrigued

Intrigued Contributor

3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., squats, light weight work. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17,000+ steps................ [​IMG]

20. High intensity intervals on the bike today...