Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

Discussion in 'The Clubhouse' started by August West, Sep 16, 2013.

Weights today: lower body and core focus

1. Pickleball. Three hours worth, trying to stay up with the youngsters, the 60-65 yr. olds.
    Cheers,
    R

2. Intrigued

Intrigued Contributor

Various stretches worked in with 1 cycle of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks. [​IMG]

15,000+ steps................ [​IMG]

3. 16 miles in about 51 minutes on the exercise bike today. Heart rate averaged 128 bpm for the ride...

4. Elliptical trainer today

5. Intrigued

Intrigued Contributor

2 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., squats, light weight work. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Yard work.
    [​IMG]
    20,000+ steps................ [​IMG]

6. 43 minutes on the exercise bike today. Bumped the resistance up 1 from yesterday and averaged 132 bpm.

7. Weights today: upper body focus

8. Intrigued

Intrigued Contributor

Various stretches worked in with 2 cycle of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks. [​IMG]
    More yard work.
    [​IMG]

14,000+ steps................ [​IMG]

9. 43 minutes on the bike, same results as yesterday... 132 bpm for the ride...

10. Elliptical trainer today: trying to up my time!

11. Intrigued

Intrigued Contributor

1 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., squats, light weight work. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14,000+ steps................ [​IMG]

12. Todays work out is "recovery". Recovery is the conscious act of building on ones past efforts. Creatine, ,supplements ,eating well, and focusing on rest. Finding the balance of tearing down and building up. I would submit that recovery is as important as exercise it self.
    The best quote I have heard in a while came from a physician I work with. The subject detoxification." The best way to detoxify, is not to put toxins in the body"
    Make a plan ,suffer from hard work, and reap the rewards.

13. Weights today: core and chest focus

14. Mowing the lawn for the first time this season.
    The engine fired up on the first pull, so Yay!

15. The trx system total body workout. Then walked 1 mile.

16. Intrigued

Intrigued Contributor

2 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., squats, light weight work. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12,000+ steps................ [​IMG]

118,000+ steps (54 miles) for the week.

17. No ride on Saturday, 1 hour on the bike on Sunday. 134 bpm average heart beat for the ride. 20 miles.

18. Elliptical trainer

19. Intrigued

Intrigued Contributor

Various stretches worked in with 3 cycle of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks. [​IMG]

16,000+ steps................ [​IMG]