Blade:Dorco Titan (9)
Brush:Kox Blue Synthetic
Soap:TGS Sea Citrus
Bowl:Proraso
Preshave:Cold splash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Cold face wash
Nivea (Balm)
Passes:WTG (Gillette Slant) | XTG (Gillette Slide) | ATG (usual)
Efficiency:8/10 (20 minutes)
Quality:9.5/10 (One or two spots)
Comfort:10/10 (GlideFest)
Effectiveness:9.5/10 (BBS)

I was looking forward to this shave for OCtober. And boy did it deliver. The Fatip is a wonderful razor and I am so in love with its design and simplicity. If I had to choose one razor I would really have a hard time picking the one, but my Piccolos definitely make the short list.

Ponderings to today’s shave can be found here: https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11953815

D03BA842-4DFA-4464-8794-AD22F908FEC4.jpeg

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Mentholated Micromatic Monday
OCTober

Tonight’s luxury shave
MMOC
Personna GEM PTFE (1)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Simpson Wee Scot 13mm badger brush
Pre-shave: no
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: hot shower
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost gel cream

Ever add a little too little water to your new favorite soap? The shave was close, quick, and mostly comfortable. First use of a GEM blade after too long and on a not wet enough lather. So much closer than I deserved in the time spent. I’m spoiled. And next time will only be gooder.

Where’s @Rhody and the 0.72OC side of his RazoRock Lupo DC?
I’m in. Thanks for reminding me! I’ve got to watch this thread. My last shave lupo dc, stirling vanilla sandalwood aftershave, slater sandalwood cream.
rOCktober! Cheers guys!

Tue 4 Taba-OC-tober
Soap
Tabac
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor Karve Brass OC-D
Blade Perma Sharp 1st
Aftershave Clubman Brandy Spice
Marvelous soap, great brush, and awesome splash!
Excellent shave with the razor and blade combination! It's so smooth I can hardly feel the blade. 3 delightful passes for a bbs finish...
20221004_132558.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Vintage 1980s Fatip
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Brush: Omega Evo Ovale
Soap: Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Cheshire (Splash)
034_01_20.jpg

It is all coming back to me about my Vintage 1980s Fatip. It snags hair on my circle beard and pulls them out. It's a neat razor to have in my collection, as it is virtually unattainable. It shaves well in wide-open spaces, but I'll be happy once this shave week is over. I don't see any Fatip Woods in this year's OCtober. I think I might break one out next week.

• RazoRock SS Lupo .95 OC razor.
• PolSilver (3).
• Stirling Soap Citron shaving soap.
• Shave Nation Finest Badger brush
• Witch Hazel splash for face.
• Nivea after shave balm for face.
• Sterling Soap Citron after shave lotion for back of neck and chest.
• Today’s preshave was hot water and Executive Shaving pre-shave oil.
• Today’s lathering was directly from puck to face.

The judge is awarding a 10 today with no weepers, cuts, or any other fuss. OCtober was in the air this morning with cool temps in the 50’s, a warm cup of coffee, and one of my top razors, the RazoRock SS .95 Lupo OC.
A two day growth provided little resistance for the Lupo OC and PolSilver (3). I really enjoy the aroma of the Citron Soap and aftershave. Starting to become one of my favorites. Have a great October Tuesday everyone!
86D9BBC8-4713-4D82-B213-C25817192B48.jpeg
1A6B8675-2FB5-44A5-8554-029D9146792C.jpeg

20221004_084940-01.jpeg

Timeless .95 OC - what a great shaving tool with perhaps the smoothest open combs out there...🤩 Two passes with some touchups made my skin feel like 12 again. Needless to say the rest of the gear performed gracefully as well. No nicks or blemishes, just a calm BBS skin. Terrific!

Have a great day, y'all!

Top Bottom