Tobactober
OC-tober

PXL_20221027_144457538.jpg

Gillette "Old Type OC, I think?"
Feather Platinum (6)
Brushworx G5C
Tallow-Tabac

Hey Guys
I notice other OC-toberites in our midst so I decided to post in their thread today.
I started out the shave more-so riding the guard but quickly got better results riding the cap a bit on the first pass.
On the second and touch-up passes, I "did the slide" diagonally to the left and the right and started riding the guard.
The shave was comfortable. I don't get technical concerning the outcome but it would probably rate as a DFS+.

6BC7FDD8-42F1-4C5A-A3E1-7F3C580EE104.jpeg

Blackland Thursday / Halloween Week / Trick or Treet Week / OCtober

Prep: P.A.A. Cube 2.0

Razor: Blackland Era (open comb level 5)
Blade: Treet Classic

Soap: Spearhead Shaving Co. - Seaforth! Black Watch
Brush: Vikings Blade White Knight
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Spearhead Shaving Co. - Seaforth! Black Watch
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

"Well, well, well! What have we here?" - Oogie Boogie

What can I say? I'm a fan of The Nightmare Before Christmas. So when you absotutely posolutely have to wear some T.N.B.C. gear, you gotta go with the Vans brand. 😎

As Halloween approaches I have to be even more vigilant then ever. Being a member of the Black Watch 😉 means I needs to be strong and keep my eyes open for nefarious figures (or whiskers).

My weapon of choice today was the ever so reliable Blackland Era. Seeing as it's Open Comb October, I went with the open comb level 5 base plate. This is a highly efficient, blade forward feeling base plate. Personally, I love it as it always produces a high quality shave.

I lathered up with my trusty Vikings Blade White Knight and my local artisan bowl. I then proceeded to do a three-pass shave including some against the grain buffing. The Treet Classic blade continued to impress. I thought it may not be up to the challenge but it seems it is a worthy blade to battle with.

I finished up with the staples and some beautiful Black Watch aftershave. But beware the spooksters are coming!

"I'm a master of fright, and a demon of light, and I'll scare you right out of your pants." - Jake Skellington

Shave off between the Short Comb and Long Comb NEW. The winner is:…. A tie. Really hard pressed to pick a winner among two greats. The LC is definitely kinder ATG.
-B&M Spice soap and Cool balm
-PAA Atomic Rocket brush
-GSB in both razors.
-Captains Choice copper bowl.
B7D86852-BD82-46EC-9CDB-48C5BB146577.jpeg

So far this month:
Gillette NEW Short Comb; Nacet (8)
Fatip Piccolo; Nacet (9)
Gillette 1906 Single Ring; Nacet (6)
Gillette NEW Long Comb; Nacet (1)

Despite singing the praises of the thin-cap old type a few pages back I found it a bit fiddly at times. I decided to finish out OCtober with one of my, maybe the, favorite DE razors the NEW Long Comb. Smooth and effortless shave!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
OCtober
ACtober

Tonight’s luxury shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-Series (7)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Cashmere 30mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: hot shower and one drop of glycerin rubbed into the whiskers
Lather: ARKO!, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost gel cream

My new favorite sat it out while I tried my old favorite with my favorite soap. I think seven shaves was a bridge too far for what I wanted, but it was still a fun shave.

Fri 28 OC-tober
Soap
Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Robin Clear Handle
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Bolzano Superinox 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Splash
Fabulous lather from the soap, whip up enjoyably on the face with this nice synthetic with a good backbone brush...the scent and cooling from both soap and splash are just fabulous!
This blade feels so much better on 2nd use and in the razor. Very smooth and crisply efficient. 3passes for a bbs finish. Would have been perfect except for some creepers...
20221028_112105.jpg

Top Bottom