What's new

NYLON WASHER

Okay, I "drank the Kool-Aid" and bought 20 nylon washers for my GC 84-P and Lupo .95, expecting I'd lose at least a few. So far, I haven't lost the first two I installed. I've come close to losing a washer, but I always seem to find it just as I'm getting ready to give up on it. LMAO!

Anybody else had this experience? Of course, now I've said it, I lose 5 in-a-row.

b/r

ON_1

I want these for my 3-piece razors.
Can anyone give me the size?

Don’t know size but Timeless sells.

Link revealed size.

IMO there are two considerations that I think influence this. 1) Hard water makes it more difficult to make good lather. 2) Poor technique leads to irritation. I have only been using DE razors for about 6 months, but I found that Shave Secret oil* can be helpful to improve the shave in case of subpar lather and/or poor technique.

*Granted, Shave Secret isn't necessarily marketed as pre-shave oil, but it's the only shave oil I have tried, and I found it helpful.

What size did you buy?

Definitely a fan of a soft washer twixt handle and head. Not only prevents wear on meta-metal mating surfaces, but also compensates for any imperfection/mismatch in the mating surfaces, and allows more adjustment in how tight you screw the whole assembly down without it becoming loose.

That last benefit is quite useful for some heads, like the Yaqi Tile, which has very little between loose and firmly locked down.

Got fifty 10 x 1mm M5 nylon washers off eBay for a few bucks. (There is also a 8 x 0.8 M5 option too, which might suit some head-handle combos better.)

Lost one down the drain early on. More careful about where I dismantle the razor now. :blush:

No doubt a soft washer will itself wear over time. But far rather replace them than handles and heads.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I buy a few #10 washers when I run low. I tend to lose them down the drain when I forget to be careful taking the razor apart.

The odd thing where I live (in a metric country) is that sometimes the M5 size doesn't fit but the #10 which is basically the same thing, will fit. If I buy ones that don't fit I simply ream them out with a drill bit.

O.H.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Like Morpheus in the Matrix, who was a believer in The One. I am a believer in the Nylon washer. May one apply the magical Nylon washer apparatus to protect thy razor, in all your adventures. May it strengthen your resolve, as you battle it out, against the army of whisker insurgence, to bring fourth the weight reduction, and to apply that much anticipated BBS!

proxy.php

proxy.php

As mine dont get wet, i use the cardboard reinforcing eyelets off old cardboard tags. I'm fussy i like un-scratched base plates. :D or simply punch washers out of icecream lids, bread bag tags or any other recycled material of choice.

Top Bottom