What's new

WELL, YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT

View attachment 1592588View attachment 1592589View attachment 1592591

View attachment 1592586
I thought I'd throw out some 'eye candy' for a Sunday. RR GC 68-P with "Super Knurl" handle and GC 84-P with the "Barber Pole" handle. Sweet set-up.

b/r

ON_1

I had not seen the Super Knurl side by side with anything before - that's a really nice looking handle. Do you have a favorite between those two? I found the HD to be too much for the GC and switched over to a vintage thin. I'm thinking I may have over compensated though :).

@Ckmaui ...Love Ti! But, I kinda favor a heavier handle on razors. Go figure?

As our UK cousins say, "Horses for courses." Everybody likes something different.

b/r

ON_1

@flask28 ...the "Super Knurl" is about 5mm longer than the "Barber Pole", a couple of mm greater in diameter and a few 10ths of an ounce heavier. The knurling is the same.

I like the "Barber Pole" handle just a little bit more. But, it's marginal. I think it's one of the more attractive handles RazoRock makes. I guess the reason I like it more is it feels more nimble in-hand. IDK? Ask me next week and I may change my mind. LOL!

b/r

ON_1

I just received the RR barber pole handle and it is very nice indeed, very similar to the bulldog but for the lower 14 mm section being the only difference. While I liked the looks of the polished handles, they were too slippery for me. I am destined to use knurled handles for the rest of my shaving life.

@flask28 the vintage thin is one I have been eyeing just because it looks so nice.

Last edited:
"Stardate '2023.1. 28"

Captain's personal log. Our latest foray into the RazoRock galaxy has been a complete success. Having made contact with the northern most indigenous tribe "Italian Barber" we bartered for two of the tribe's best crafted goods, the Game Changer 68-P and the Game Changer 84-P.

The crew, myself include, are ecstatic with our new acquisitions and plan to return for additional skincare products when time permits. The Captains personal favorites are, Proraso Green Shave Cream and Proraso Pre-Shave.

Note to Supply Officer: By Captains orders, replenish stocks of Romulan Ale and Astra Super Platinum blades.

End entry, Captains Personal log.

b/r

ON_1

Note to Supply Officer: By Captains orders, replenish stocks of Romulan Ale and Astra Super Platinum blades.

Animated GIF

I've really enjoyed reading your Gamechanger posts @Old Navy_1, thank you for bring us along on your mission to see out life and new GameChanger observations. I've not used mine very much - I'm still exploring vintage Gillette's. I'm looking forward to following in your footsteps later in the year.

Well, it had to happen. I got my first "nick" with my GC 84-P. I was getting a little cavalier with my final XTG pass and it happened.

I was going to call it a 'weeper', but it's a legitimate nick. Small, but a nick.

This was day 3 with an Astra SP.

b/r

ON_1

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Well, it had to happen. I got my first "nick" with my GC 84-P. I was getting a little cavalier with my final XTG pass and it happened.
I just did that with the GC .84 OC and the Super Knurl handle. This one is useful to keep if one needs a file to escape from prison or a mace to pummel home invaders.
There is also the JAWS plate, I know you are not much into OCs.
But what really makes me wonder is... why is there a Lupo DC, why are there even clones of this DC...

... but why is there still no GC Dual Comb available...?

Why can't we have nice things?

The OC and JAWS side on a dual comb Game Changer would give shavers the option to put "Han Solo's Corellian Blood Stripe" right on their faces if they don't have fancy pants with a red stripe.

The Game Changer OC and JAWS plates were among my first acquisitions. I almost forgot how good they are.

Something I didn't mention about my RR GC 68-P and GC 84-P is how "Low-Profile" the "Top Cap" is.

My oversight is probably due to the fact I have a full beard and only shave my neck and cheeks. Shaving my chin, lower and upper lip, are not part of my 'ritual'.

If, I were shaving my upper and lower lip, having a slim, low-profile Cap makes getting to those spots much less problematic.

It's often overlooked when folks buy razors. I know I never even considered it when I purchased a Merkur "Futur" back in the '1980s. The "Futur" has a hugely tall "Top Cap" that manages to get in the way. BTW, that razor holds the record for worst razor cut ever. Just under my right nostril. It bled for hours.

So, that's another in the 'Plus Column' for the RR Game Changer series of razors. Though, not exclusive to the RR GC.

b/r

ON_1

@Old Navy_1,

Congrats on your success kicking it up a notch!

I had similar misgivings years ago when considering going with a more aggresive head. Wasn't sure at first that I had enough focus or steadiness to pull it off.

These days, I basically speed-shave w/ a RR Mentor daily and pull out a Lupo .95 for 'special occasions'. I use Bic Chrome blades w/ both.

Over time, my technique adjusted to the more aggro geometry and I discovered to my surprise that my face actually felt better post-shave since I could do what I needed in 1-1.5 passes. The closer shave was almost a bonus!

Top Bottom