What's new

PAA Copper Ascension Twist Adjustable Razor - A Truly Amazing Razor! (An SWCT Review)

PAA gets a bit of a cold shoulder from quite a few wet shave pundits because of their marketing strategies and ploys.
Totally agree. PAA is kind of like "the one" for the shaving industry that everyone loves to hate, kind of like Microsoft for software, Tesla for EV, or Tom Brady for the NFL, etc.

But they are very clear on the metal composition of their razors, unlike others, and with quality construction to back up the marketing hype.

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Very nice review of the Copper Ascension. Personally, I think it's the most underrated & undervalued quality razor that has been made in some time. Most think of it as a gimmick razor or just a sales & marketing conjuring just to make sales and add to profit margins. And ultimately that's what PAA did but, they inturn did their homework and came up with a very workable and functional design that as a razor does exactly what it was marketed and designed to do.

I own all 3 variations and they all perform tremendously well. From left to right are:

Aluminum Ascension, Copper Ascension, Stainless Ascension & the one that kind of started it all for PAA, the Stainless EVO DOC sans the adjustable marketing strategy.

View attachment 1687788

All capable razors but, the EVO is a much more aggressive razor and can be harsh for the inexperienced shaver. The Ascension Series are much more docile and easier to use that give excellent results for beginners and vets alike.

I truly believe if these were made by someone like Timeless or Blackland, shavers would be going ape nuts over this line up. But, PAA gets a bit of a cold shoulder from quite a few wet shave pundits because of their marketing strategies and ploys.

It's a shame as they have really done an excellent job with their Ascension Series of razors.

Thank you very much! I put a lot of work into the review, so you can imagine my heart break, when many of the photo's wouldn't post. Since then, I've learned about the PREVIEW button in the message compositor, and I always double check to see if the images load, before hitting that POST button. My SOP now is, if a photo won't parse from the IMGBB hosting site, I will do a direct photo upload to B&B, and that always works. Only issue is, direct B&B uploads kills like 50% of the available photo resolution. And since I work hard on my photo's, I really don't appreciate that. So, I try to use the external hosting site as much as I possibly can, to give my photo's justice. I'm glad you appreciate my thorough review!

I agree with everything that you said 100%. I too noticed how the majority of folks seem to ignore PAA for razors, I was able to figure that out, just by the sheer number of folks who ignored my review. And you are right, when you look at razors made by Timeless, Blackland, Wolfman, they get many more views and interests from folks. All of those razors tend to cost more too, like several hundred, especially for titanium models. Now, having said that however, I do agree that PAA marketing is a bit too much, they literally write pages long essay's of useless garble nonsense on their pages, they could improve immensely, by just simply stating the facts about the razor.

I 100% agree that the PAA Ascension is one truly amazing razor, especially for the price! And its not very often that you will find, that a company makes 4-different material versions of the same razor. They actually have 4 now believe it or not. They have Nickel, Stainless, Aluminum, and Copper! Of course I own the Tellurium Copper version with the Rose Gold electroplating. This razor consistently impresses me everytime I use it. I could have it be super mild one moment, or adjust it to be aggressive the next, its whatever I need it to be. I am glad that you enjoy the Ascension as much as I do!

And thank you for the lovely comment BTW, I really appreciate it!

I plan on buying the PAA Ascension SS based on your review so thank you for your effort. The PAA razors are appealing to me, they are on the strange side of razors, they are not ”normal” razors, each of them has some special feature, they are built different from everything on the market.
I think the marketing is spot on for what they are trying to achieve, it is a strange marketing because they have strange products, but I also think it is like this because they are doing it with passion and they don't really study the market in order to have success...so it's more passion than marketing.

Completely agree that the PAA Ascension is one of the best razors in my collection this is with owning almost every stainless Razorock razor made, Bronze Timeless, several Karve and plates and a vintage Rotbart mond extra (which is a one of the better versions of a Gillette New raised flat bottom).

All this said the PAA is fantastic and again well priced. Really thinking they do indeed design high quality razors as the Meta-4 is insanely mild and smooth while still being relatively efficient, it isn't as efficient as say a RR Lupo or Homelike shaving Start (or the Ascension for that matter)

If anyone is interested in picking up a Copper Ascension in Rose Gold plating, PAA just sent out a notification that they're back in stock. But, they have gone up in price an extra 15% from the original price when first offered. Whether worth the price to you, that's a personal decision. I think it's worth the extra few $$$.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested in picking up a Copper Ascension in Rose Gold plating, PAA just sent out a notification that they're back in stock. But, they have gone up in price an extra 15% from the original price when first offered. Whether worth the price to you, that a personal decision. I think it's worth the extra few $$$.
The e-mail that I received stated that they were Very Limited Edition Prototypes.

"CNC Machined between 2021-2023 and rather than take up space on our shelves, these pieces of history might look a little better in your collection! NOTE: Because these are prototypes we really have an extremely LIMITED STOCK...so don't dilly dally people!"

Top Bottom