What's new

November 2019 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Not even tempted for Back Friday or Cyber Monday because of an online promise to a bunch of people I'll likely never meet, but with whom I share a real bond.

Still in.

Oops. I almost slipped and fall.
I received an email from Simpson’s showing their new Trafalgar synthetic.
What really triggered me was the Duke 3 synthetic at a 49% discount.
I’m still in.

Today is the last day of November, last day of GRUME.
I haven't seen one for December but that doesn't mean we are unable to behave on our own, as it were.
Speaking for myself, I will continue along the GRUME lines.
Will replace my broken alum block. Also I'll order couple of blade tucks to be shipped directly to the hotels I will be staying when flying out for business. I'd like to avoid lengthy conversations with the airport security. That will be all.

This month I bought a birthday present for my father-in-law - Karve stainless; the package is still in transit. Hope he will appreciate this precision-made piece - his field is applied mathematics.

Today is the last day of November, last day of GRUME.
I haven't seen one for December but that doesn't mean we are unable to behave on our own, as it were.
Speaking for myself, I will continue along the GRUME lines.
Will replace my broken alum block. Also I'll order couple of blade tucks to be shipped directly to the hotels I will be staying when flying out for business. I'd like to avoid lengthy conversations with the airport security. That will be all.

This month I bought a birthday present for my father-in-law - Karve stainless; the package is still in transit. Hope he will appreciate this precision-made piece - his field is applied mathematics.

I am also in for December.

Nice gift! We, mathematicians, like precision. I hope he likes the shaves he gets from it, too. :)

I made November easy enough. I’m out December. If there’s going to be a 2020 year long going on I’d be interested. I have to pick just a few things up.

Made it.
Out for December.
I’m going to get a Trafalgar brush and Haslinger soaps for a year of Haslinger.
Be back to start January 2020

I am also in for December.

Nice gift! We, mathematicians, like precision. I hope he likes the shaves he gets from it, too. :)
Few months ago we were talking about imperfections in the real world vs models. In particular, several complaints were made about precision of CNC machines. I know the man will appreciate the gift.

After picking up a new razor and several soaps and aftershave during November (which i chose not to participate in) i am back in for December, whether there's an official thread or not...

I'm in for December as well while we wait for the thread to be up. The past couple of months have been out of control so I'm definitely tightening the belt for this month.

Wait - is it December already? :blink:

Sorry to have been MIA, but I've been hosting family for the last several days. Congrats to all those who made it!

The December thread (which is not "official" in any way, just started by some hack :)) is now up:

Of course, the November participants are invited - even those who already said they're bowing out. ;)

1) @FoolishMortal
2) @CzechCzar
3) @RTM
4) @GaryTha
5) @Schnitzel52
6) @Sotiris_A
7) @Rory1262
8) @pdieten
9) @brandaves
10) @kingfisher
11) @DEPenguin
12) @Wtd1911