What's new

Nose and ear hairs

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
As I age, I notice that my nose hairs are growing in heavier, and in more abundance. The same goes for my ears. I usually hit the ears with my Wahl clippers with no guard. It does the trick but there are places I can't reach.

I haven't looked into it, but the typical nose hair removal tool looks somewhat like an electric razor, except the business end is cylindrical/conical. In my imagination, this would make for a very painful "rip 'em out' fest--but I have nothing but ignorance regarding their efficacy.

What do my friends on the forum use for the nose and ears? Are they effective? Do they go dull with time? Do they pull more than cut? Thanks all.
I use the little electric nose/ear hair trimmer. I've used it for four or five years and it still works well enough. The thing I've always wanted to try is the Turkish method of using a long q tip dipped in alcohol and lit and the quickly burn the hair out of your ears but I haven't had the guts to try it yet for fear of setting my hair on fire.

Klipette up the hooter, Daisy in the ears, set of dissection kit stainless steel curved blade blunt nose scissors, good for eyelash scrub reduction on glasses too.

View attachment 1644825
I use this one, I’ve had it for years and I still don't feel any tugging, comes with accessories like different length guards for the eyebrows, is perfect for the nose and ears and you can rinse it under the faucet so no messy clean up.
Same one I use same as you years and years and no issues and easy to rinse
had a rotary it failed early ?

in general I also use scissors sometimes and sometimes I just grab em and yank em out a bit eye watering when doing that but works :) and last longer

Using a flaming cotton ball seems to be popular with barbers, at least on youtoob.
In Istanbul, the barbers light a cylinder of what looks like cigarette paper and wave the flame around your nose and ears. It takes 10-15 seconds and cleans up the hair with zero discomfort.

Yeah. That's some pain. There are nerves in them thar noses!
My doctor once noted I had no visible nose hair, and used the occasion to warn me that the blood vessels in your nose aren't capillaries like you might think - they're arteries, and to never use anything but a good quality nose hair trimmer, and never get aggressive. One nick and you're looking at a trip to the emergency room because you'll need to get it cauterized.

My doctor once noted I had no visible nose hair, and used the occasion to warn me that the blood vessels in your nose aren't capillaries like you might think - they're arteries, and to never use anything but a good quality nose hair trimmer, and never get aggressive. One nick and you're looking at a trip to the emergency room because you'll need to get it cauterized.
Take a crank handle at full noise to the side of the nose, then you'll see some blood, it stops eventually, real men don't need no ER! :001_tt2:

Top Bottom