What's new

Nose and ear hairs

For nose hair I use small scissors, they work like a charm, also if I cut hair too deep, for next 3 days I keep on sneezing.
Uda27c3ad5f2a4f9984fafa037277b96dF.jpg

And for ears I use hairclipper, and thet's it.

^^THIS^^

Started to use this when I burned my nostrils one too many times with a cigarette lighter to singe the hairs.

KIDDING!!!
Years ago I had my nose hairs inadvertently "trimmed" by an F-14 Tomcat in full afterburner. It was launching from the forward cats on the USS Ranger. I was above and behind it on "Vulture Row" taking pictures of the jets launching when it taxied into position, the blast deflector came up and I thought, "Oh, this will be a good picture." Everything went fine until I realized I could smell burning hair! Had to duck down behind some of the steel on the walkway. (Not my photo, but it illustrates the geometry of the situation perfectly.)

1682603705563.png

Since then I use a a small scissors and a rotary cutter. ;)

Why is it that when you get old, you can't get hair to grow where you want it to, and can't get rid of it where you don't want it?

I came up with a theory years ago called "Conservation of Hair." It stops growing on your head and slowly starts showing up lower and lower on your body. I have less and less hair on my head, now, and more and more around my knees and ankles. :w00t: Must be gravity.

IMG-0808.jpg

Less $2.50 tax included at the local Japanese dollars store , works like a charm, does not run out of battery, burn your skin with it afterburner or requires you pluck yourself but hey if this is your thing who am I to judge

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
I grow my nose hairs until they blend in with my mustache. Then I just trim my mustache.
Kidding. Scissors for the nose. Disposable single edge razor for my ears. The end even gets into my ear canal if done carefully.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
View attachment 1645503

Less $2.50 tax included at the local Japanese dollars store , works like a charm, does not run out of battery, burn your skin with it afterburner or requires you pluck yourself but hey if this is your thing who am I to judge
This is something that I will look into. Thanks for the information my friend!
I grow my nose hairs until they blend in with my mustache. Then I just trim my mustache.
Kidding. Scissors for the nose. Disposable single edge razor for my ears. The end even gets into my ear canal if done carefully.
I'm thinking that a Bic Metal should easily fit inside my elephant ears! I will try this soon.

This is something that I will look into. Thanks for the information my friend!
I am afraid this will be a long drive from the great lakes but nothing beats a road trip.

Alternatively shout me an address and I will send you one if I can find some at the store, as it was a hit and miss when I was looking for it. Locally my daughter's art class is a block away so easy to pop in and check it out on Saturday morning.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I use an electric one …. Panasonic. I think, but this my next one:

My phone knows we’re in Bali. It might just be easier to type in “Groom mate Platinum XL plus, if you want the cap or the $3 less expensive one if you don’t

Heads up: 11% negative reviews

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

My phone knows we’re in Bali. It might just be easier to type in “Groom mate Platinum XL plus, if you want the cap or the $3 less expensive one if you don’t
I have one. I honestly think I'm just too shtoopid to use it korreckly. I think I am doing two things wrong:

1) repositioning it when I should leave it in place while twisting it.

2) being afraid of it pulling the hairs out instead of cutting them off makes me use it too timidly.

so, here's my personal grooming experience!
nose and ear hair are unsightly and a growing annoyance at my (advanced) age!
i've tried a few solutions...
first, a 'rotary' trimmer, works ok, but tugs, not that sharp and gets clogged easily.
another, a small, sharp solingen scissor...works fine, but a little scary!
most recently, this pair of swiss-made round-tipped scissors...absolutely beautiful, effective and comfortable!!

trimmers.jpg

View attachment 1644825
I use this one, I’ve had it for years and I still don't feel any tugging, comes with accessories like different length guards for the eyebrows, is perfect for the nose and ears and you can rinse it under the faucet so no messy clean up.

I have this same model and it works very well. I've had it since college. I'm 37 now and it's still going strong.

Top Bottom