What's new

Nose and ear hairs

As I age, I notice that my nose hairs are growing in heavier, and in more abundance. The same goes for my ears. I usually hit the ears with my Wahl clippers with no guard. It does the trick but there are places I can't reach.

I haven't looked into it, but the typical nose hair removal tool looks somewhat like an electric razor, except the business end is cylindrical/conical. In my imagination, this would make for a very painful "rip 'em out' fest--but I have nothing but ignorance regarding their efficacy.

What do my friends on the forum use for the nose and ears? Are they effective? Do they go dull with time? Do they pull more than cut? Thanks all.

Try a really good pair of small stainless steel scissors with rounded points. Some good ones are German made. You will have more control with those.

The electric trimmers can work well for cleanup after you have hacked everything back. I have a Norelco rotary trimmer that works pretty well. It hasn't gone dull, but could possibly be sharpened.

As I age, I notice that my nose hairs are growing in heavier, and in more abundance. The same goes for my ears. I usually hit the ears with my Wahl clippers with no guard. It does the trick but there are places I can't reach.

I haven't looked into it, but the typical nose hair removal tool looks somewhat like an electric razor, except the business end is cylindrical/conical. In my imagination, this would make for a very painful "rip 'em out' fest--but I have nothing but ignorance regarding their efficacy.

What do my friends on the forum use for the nose and ears? Are they effective? Do they go dull with time? Do they pull more than cut? Thanks all.
I had one of these, it worked pretty well at first but as the cutting efficiency went down it went from trimming to yanking. I have a small barber shears with a narrow profile that I use to snip the nose hairs.

Thank you. I've had an excellent pair of German scissors that have done an excellent job, but the task is somewhat tedious. I suppose I'll stick with the scissors.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

I suggest using an electric shaver, that is what I use. If you use a DE razor, or straight razor, its far too easy to slice your ear lobe, or other parts of your ear. I have a Panasonic Arc4 electric shaver, I just recently replaced the blade and foil on it, and it works wonders, on getting rid of those pesky hairs that grow on the ears.

I would recommend a foil shaver over a rotary shaver, because I find the RPM's of rotary shavers to be too low, and the chances of catching on a hair, instead of slicing it off, is higher. Foil shavers operate at higher RPM's, and as long as the blades are sharp, its gonna slice them off efficiently, and quickly.

proxy.php

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Remember: to those of you cutting both ear and nose hair, do the ears first, then the nose, if you are not cleaning the implement between the two. Nostrils harbor MRSA.

(Not medical advice. Horse sense advice. And wash your hands before you shake hands. Especially if you picked your nose.)

Last edited:
I use the attachments according to the directions and proceed cautiously, particularly with regards to my nose. Those are arteries inside your nose tissue, and nicking one can cause a big problem.

I also use ear plugs. The one I use is loud.

View attachment 1644825
I use this one, I’ve had it for years and I still don't feel any tugging, comes with accessories like different length guards for the eyebrows, is perfect for the nose and ears and you can rinse it under the faucet so no messy clean up.
^^THIS^^

Started to use this when I burned my nostrils one too many times with a cigarette lighter to singe the hairs.

KIDDING!!!

Top Bottom