What's new

Newbie to proper shaving: first straight shave!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum and well done on using the type of razor that you are using. I have not ventured that far yet.

Those Pro Guards make perfect sense. I might buy them again when I use up the ones I have.

So happy I got the folding Feather SS. It’s a joy to use.

Congratulations on your endeavors!!

@ajkel64 I'm not entirely sure if I’m just being foolhardy. I’m aware that these tools have the potential to cause a lot of harm (not to mention annoyance and even embarrassment). It is just something I want to do. I hope not to make too many mistakes along the way, but I would like to get to the condition of an easy, mindful fluency to the process.

@Twelvefret the Proguard blades do seem very good. I’m not sure exactly how much poor technique they’ve hidden so far for me, but I plan to use the initial pack of 15 before I even think about switching to the Pro blades. Most people are saying roughly 10-15 shaves per blade, so I’m hoping that after 150-200 shaves or thereabouts my straight shaving technique will be reasonable. I’m just concerned that they’re hiding dreadful technique!

Luke

@ajkel64 I'm not entirely sure if I’m just being foolhardy. I’m aware that these tools have the potential to cause a lot of harm (not to mention annoyance and even embarrassment). It is just something I want to do. I hope not to make too many mistakes along the way, but I would like to get to the condition of an easy, mindful fluency to the process.

@Twelvefret the Proguard blades do seem very good. I’m not sure exactly how much poor technique they’ve hidden so far for me, but I plan to use the initial pack of 15 before I even think about switching to the Pro blades. Most people are saying roughly 10-15 shaves per blade, so I’m hoping that after 150-200 shaves or thereabouts my straight shaving technique will be reasonable. I’m just concerned that they’re hiding dreadful technique!

Luke
Brother Luke, I went from the Pro Blades to straights and had no problem.

Welcome to B & B, & congrats on your first shave going as well as it did. Now for the best part...practice! This is a great pastime, so keep enjoying the shaves!!!

Top Bottom