What's new

New to the Wet Shave

Welcome! There are many variables that have influence on how long a soap lasts. You can't really say "X soap lasts X time" in my opinion. Just enjoy your soaps and when you've finished one, buy another one. Soaps are cheap when you stick to the classics such as Proraso.
I agree, Proraso has in my short time taking wet shaving seriously, my go to shaving soap. It is amazing stuff and only takes a dab of Proraso to work up enough lather in a bowl for three passes easily. I tend to think the tube of Proraso I purchased for ten dollars could last me 6 months. Seriously, I have not had to use much and I shave every other day.

Welcome to..the Central B & B Station ..trains leaving for
Soap city , SR town, DE , SE, Brush Village, and so many more.
Talk to any of the amazing tradional shavers on board..
Enjoy the journey ..
BFX

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Welcome to the B&B community....

I was going to recommend you try Canada Shaving Soap from Amazon.... but they are out of stock............ Again. It comes and goes there, but you get free Prime shipping and lasts a long time. I do a 4 pass shave and have been using the same tub for well over a year for ~80% of my shaves. I can just now see the bottom of the tub.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Welcome to B&B, we're glad you're here.

How long will a soap last? Depends on a few variables. Some people like very thin lather, so they might get twice the longevity as most. Some load it like they hate it and will get less.

Then there's the soap itself. I'm sorry I didn't keep track, but I think a puck of B&E went in about 60 days. That was a new record. Most artisan soaps in the $25 range last me about 4 months. SV goes longer - about 6 months. MdC lasts me 13 months. Canada Shaving Soap went 8 months.

So you can see that there is no "normal" longevity number. Canada is the winner for top tier best for the buck providing you find it on Amazon. If you have to pay the direct shipping it falls quite a few spaces in this category. MdC is initially quite expensive, but in the long run is considerably cheaper than it seems.

But there are tons of soaps out there and it's really difficult to find a bad one. I haven't used a soft soap in many years, but I'm sure someone will chime in with that information.

Top Bottom