What's new

New to this place not new to shaving

Just found this place seems nice. I just shaved my beard off and went back to being clean shaven something I haven’t been in nearly a decade. Quit shaving because I have a cowlick under my chin on my neck that no matter what type of razor I use what blade I try that area always is irritated or nicked. Anyway sorry for the rant on that. Maybe there’s a magical blade that I will find.

Welcome to B&B! What kind of razors are you using? Straight, SE, DE, Cartridge?
I have used them all. I have been shaving for the last 37 years minus my stints of full beard. That part of my beard that has a cowlick where my beard grows in a 360 degree circle and lays as flat as Florida. I don’t care what type of razor from SE to electric. It’s always gets irritated and and or nicked. Because shaving that area it’s shaving with across and against the grain all at once.

I have used them all. I have been shaving for the last 37 years minus my stints of full beard. That part of my beard that has a cowlick where my beard grows in a 360 degree circle and lays as flat as Florida. I don’t care what type of razor from SE to electric. It’s always gets irritated and and or nicked. Because shaving that area it’s shaving with across and against the grain all at once.
Those swirly areas are certainly a challenge I can imagine. Hopefully you can find some way for that not to happen. I do not have any of those areas so I cannot speak for it, but I am sure that there are many here who can. I am sure you have tried to get it nice and soft with pre shaves and such already.

Those swirly areas are certainly a challenge I can imagine. Hopefully you can find some way for that not to happen. I do not have any of those areas so I cannot speak for it, but I am sure that there are many here who can. I am sure you have tried to get it nice and soft with pre shaves and such already.
I am a senior citizen and my math was wrong it’s been 40 years of shaving I thought in my head nah 40 years had to be 37 years. I feel old. I have tried just about every product under the sun. My favorite pre-shave is tea-tree oil and a hot towel which I discovered back in the early 90’s when I was working for QGCP in Doha. Followed by Proraso green in the tube. That was and still is the best feeling on a hot summer morning.

Welcome to the forums! Hope you’ll find solutions to your irritation problems, and if not, at least you have found a really good bunch of people and I hope you’ll stay for the friendships and conversations.

It sounds like you have tried many methods of dealing with your problem area. I don't know of any magic bullet, but certainly wish you the very best of luck in figuring things out.

Welcome to the show. 🙂👍

Top Bottom