What's new

New gd 207 with goldwash

Awesome! How about it guys, can we get 300 of us folks together to get lot? Would cost us only $4.50 each, and this is a RZAOR and not your typical razor.

With Vintage Elements!

It almost makes me want to go spread the word to the unbelievers at The Other Site. Someday they will see the light. I just know it.

I spoke to the guy. He says that zy blanks are made by gd. They are then reground by the other company. I have no idea but it seems that they are looking to expand on their line. When and if any of them hit the market i have no idea. These are i think prototypes. Im sure some will though. I guess we will wait and see.

I think a lot of us suspected this was the case (they sure have near identical shapes, besides the ZY heel grinding), but I'm still a bit confused about how the alloy analysis I had done a while back came out (the ZY looked similar to 1084 - really just carbon and manganese as alloying elements, whereas the GD had about .3-.4% chromium and silicon). Any chance you could ask the guy whether they've changed their alloy over time?

I do like the look of these prototypes btw.

Im sure they ordered different metal from a mill. I think the new razors are.nice looking. And eventually the grinds will work themselves out.

$13227096_10153787170932800_7471285983087253680_n.jpg
Pal of.mine sent me these pics. 208 heel.looks tame and no stabilizer. Waiting to hear how it went on the stones.

Yup they do. If this is the new grind they will work their way in. Like when they started laser etching the tangs. Its an improvement for sure though. But until we see the finished product and put it to the stones its impossible to say.

Top Bottom